Interesting Pic.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A8HZERNQSUWT.gif

Last edited:
He ought to be beaten with a friggin' stick for that! That's IT! Next time I see some poser on a Gold Wing, he's not getting "the wave" from me!

Those of you that ride, you know what "the wave" is.

Ben, get back on your Barbie ATV and see if you can scor a two liter of Sun Country!

Well at least I can still hear when I get off my Barbie ATV. :D

vbgagnon said:
Well at least I can still hear when I get off my Barbie ATV. :D

If it's too loud, you're too old (and I know I got you by at least 10 years!)

I like it. I would personaly never buy a Harley because I feel it is an overpriced bike. Yes they are nice but way overpriced. I have ridden a Sportster 883 and thought I was a monkey at the circus with the way I sat on that bike.

The prices of Harleys have dropped like nuts. And a sporter, well its the Ford Taurus of the Harleys. They have good resale value. Its not like a crotch rocket where you can buy a 2 year old one for 1/3 rd of the price.

My guess would be this dudes a crotch rocket rider. Its funny, but I like harleys too, so screw that guy.

Oh, I think the picture is hilarious!

Still won't give him the wave, but I think the picture itself is a classic!

A big hairy Harley dude needs to beat that guy up.

Id pee on that guy while hes peeing on it.

I ride a Valkyrie. And I had my bike spit on by someone at a hotel down in Tenessee. I have heard all of the jokes about "rice". Goldwing riders are not mostly posers any more than I am.
Also, did you know that Harley shops are not called "shops" by HD? They are called Boutiques. Think I am making that up? Google it!
Harleys use ancient technology, had to call on the Germans to design a decent engine for them, and my stock Valk can still outrun the VROD in it's stock form. I have no problem with what anyone rides, they all get the wave from me. Oh, and my Valk has more US content in it than a Harley.
Harleys have Showa shocks (japanese), Mikuni Carbs (japenese), and Nippendenso ignition (want to guess where that is from?).
95% of my Valk is US made. The engine was cast "in house" in Marysville, OH.
Harleys have a nice style, but are not the only "real" motorcycle out there. Don't put someone down because of what they ride.

Valks are nice bikes. I've gotten to ride one of them. Very comfortable bikes. People are always gonna judge people by brands no matter if its bikes, cars, r/c's, clothes and whatnot. The people who do judge people on that poop, just like to bitch and have drama. I wouldnt sweat it.

That pic is funny as hell LMAO.

If it's big I don't like it, I'm not the type to cruise on a bike. If I were to own a road bike it would most likely be a crotch rocket. When I was 18 I owned a Honda V65 MAGNA, but didn't enjoy it that much unless it was flat out on a straight away...it was very fast for it's time.

Last edited:
1500valk said:
I ride a Valkyrie. And I had my bike spit on by someone at a hotel down in Tenessee. I have heard all of the jokes about "rice". Goldwing riders are not mostly posers any more than I am.
Also, did you know that Harley shops are not called "shops" by HD? They are called Boutiques. Think I am making that up? Google it!
Harleys use ancient technology, had to call on the Germans to design a decent engine for them, and my stock Valk can still outrun the VROD in it's stock form. I have no problem with what anyone rides, they all get the wave from me. Oh, and my Valk has more US content in it than a Harley.
Harleys have Showa shocks (japanese), Mikuni Carbs (japenese), and Nippendenso ignition (want to guess where that is from?).
95% of my Valk is US made. The engine was cast "in house" in Marysville, OH.
Harleys have a nice style, but are not the only "real" motorcycle out there. Don't put someone down because of what they ride.

Jesus Valk, relax. I was merely making a joke. As serious as Harley riders are about their sleds, you sure jumped to a conclusion, didn't you.

As for your comment about Germans designing Harley's engines, I don't know and frankly, I could give a poop. But, where do you think Honda's engines are designed? Also, every Harley, though they may contain Japanese parts, are assembled in the US. I doubt your Valk's shocks, carb's and what not were also made in the US, so that argument is pretty much moot.

I've owned more than just a Harley through the many, many years I've been riding. I've owned a Honda CB650 Custom and a Honda Magna, to name a few. I enjoyed them both very, very much and I think both Honda and Yamaha make excellent machines, but anytime I see a Royal Star with Vance-Hines Short Shots on it, I have to believe that owner is looking, at the very least, for the Harley sound.

I also think Valk's are very nice bikes as well and I've seen quite a few with some incredible paint and accessory jobs done to them.

You need to relax. As arrogant as you may think I am because I ride a Harley, I think you are being overly defensive about the whole thing. Again, it was a sarcastic comment not directed at anyone!

Everybody will get the wave...feel better now?

Monkey Wrench said:
but anytime I see a Royal Star with Vance-Hines Short Shots on it, I have to believe that owner is looking, at the very least, for the Harley sound.

I hear ya there Monkey. I have a 03 Yamaha Roadstar 1600, with Vance & Hines pipes on it. You don’t get any closer to a Harley than this clone. External push rod tubes, belt final drive and lots of noise. When I went looking for a new bike to replace my Honda Magna I new I wanted the Harley or Indian style of cruiser. I looked at everything out there, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harley ect. After looking at them all I decided on the Yamaha for price and quality, it was $5,000.00 less than a comparable Harley. The day that I can justify that extra 5 grand I will buy one. The bottom line is that I love to ride and when it comes down to it as long as you are out there with the wind in your face the ride no longer matters. Just the fact that you are out there does. Big wave to all the other bikers out there.

You are right, Monkey. I apologize. I did overreact. I have had my share of confrontations, and I got defensive. Won't happen again, seriously.
Here is a pic of my Valk and my brother's at Lake Dillon, CO.
Mine is the Red and White. His has some very nice custom paint, not over the top, but very clean in design. Also, has more chrome and polished aluminum than I thought possible. His bike has won quite a few awards, including "Best of Show" at Honda Homecoming a couple years ago.

1085IMG_0122.JPG

Now those are some sweet, sweet looking sleds there, Valk! I like the backrest/sissy bar for the driver, I have to imagine that makes for a comfortable ride! I also like the hard packs (wish I had 'em!)

I actually have become quite a fan of the Yamaha and Honda cruisers as of late. They are some nice, nice bikes and I'm glad to see aftermarket manuafacturers making some beefier pipes for 'em! Personally, I think both Honda and Yamaha over baffler their sleds from the factory, but that's just me.

Like they say, "loud pipes save lives!"

Again, nice sled, Valk! Ride safe, my man!

thanks much! Yes, both of these bikes are highly comfortable. 500-600 mile days are definately not out of the question. Throw in an Ipod and small earbuds and you have the makings of total Heaven.

Have to ask, what's the standing weight on one of those monsters? I'm guessing close to 1000 pounds?

750-800 depending if it's a standard or tourer. Once it gets moving, it feels a lot lighter. You can run the Valk through some serious curves. Mine right side foot peg is beveled nicely from grinding on Deals Gap.