Installing SUSE

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
I'm Installing SUSE 7.2 Pro On an old server I have been tripping over for a while. I picked up the package today dirt cheep. Anyone else want one? 15.00 plus shipping. Its in a sealed package with all the books and tech support.

I set it up in my "Shop" Workbench aria with the intent of setting up an "Error" style web-cam. Its running on a Duel 800 PIII with 2 gigs of ram and 2 18 gig Cheetah drives Striped on a RAID.

Any one else running Suse or another V of Linux? I have no clue what I'm doing but its fun. I enjoy learning new OSs but have shyed away from Linux until now.

-Ed

I installed Red Hat 9.0 about a month ago. I have a KVM switch that connects my Windows box with my Linux box but for the day to day stuff I have been using my Linux box more and more. Of course I still use my Windows box because I am a pretty hardcore gamer. The major thing I am trying to do right now is covert my Outlook PST file over into a format that Evolution will use. I have my life wrapped up in a rather large PST file. If I managed to loose that I don't know what I would do.

:write: Can either one be used with a bump start? :jk: