I'm not dead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdavidhicks

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all:

I know you've missed me. I haven't doing much of anything nitro-related recently so I've kinda fallen away from the board.

The Maxx is in pretty much the same state it was in when I last posted, except I've glued down some ProLine Maxx Paddles on some ProLine offsets. I feel kinda sad about it all when I look outside. Our wonderful summer is gone. I have to slam the front door harder now cuz all the windows are shut. (I guess my windows are airtight, huh?)

I have called a few hobby stores about Team Losi's 18th Mini-T. It seems like late November/early December is the best delivery I'm gonna get. Has anyone else been given a better date?

The truck DOES look pretty cool with the paddles on it. I had to post pics. Click my sig, then 'The Ride' under the pictures link. They're on page two.

Those tires should kick ass in the snow, right? I actually bought 'em thinking of Oregon dunes but they must have another purpose.

I'll try to remember in these coming months that my engine runs cooler but all my plastic breaks a lot easier.

And maybe I should waterproof a few things.

I wonder if Tacoma RC Raceway has space heaters?

Well for the most part i've given up r/c for the winter months. I DO plan on digging out the savage and ntc3 when it snows though.

Do some serious powersliding with the ntc3 and some good ol' hillbilly snow bashing with the savage...hey, we should bash sometime, when it snows.

Did you notice how "damn cold" it got...real fast. I get to school at 10am, and it's 36 degrees...wtf, then get outta school at 1pm, and it's freaking 46 degrees?

Oooh, and it snowed yesterday...only rain/snow, but still snow, so I say within a month we'll have snow.

Originally posted by kwong2001
Well for the most part i've given up r/c for the winter months. I DO plan on digging out the savage and ntc3 when it snows though.

Do some serious powersliding with the ntc3 and some good ol' hillbilly snow bashing with the savage...hey, we should bash sometime, when it snows.

Did you notice how "damn cold" it got...real fast. I get to school at 10am, and it's 36 degrees...wtf, then get outta school at 1pm, and it's freaking 46 degrees?

Oooh, and it snowed yesterday...only rain/snow, but still snow, so I say within a month we'll have snow.

I think I made a mistake. I stripped down my maxx for a winter cleaning and the next day it was 70+ degrees here LOL...really didn't have much fall weather here on the Island. I already miss my truck:wtf:

Looks like all us Northerners are in the same boat. My cars are sitting on bookshelves in my livingroom modelling their newest shells. But not run. My electric airplane just got fixed finally, but since it's dark out when I get home from work, I can't fly it until the weekend. My hand-launch glider is under repair for a few broken ribs. My indoor heli is on order still. And my Mini-T isn't out yet. Seems to be that horrible in-between time where you can't play outside much. And the indoor toys aren't ready yet. Perhaps I'll need to find something to paint....

We miss you none-the-less.....

:beer:

all right hicks and kwong, where I sit the weather is great, a little on the chilly side, but not terrible. I have been running my
T like a mad-man lately. For god's sake get out there and run before the rain comes. It is supposed to be clear all week and week-end. Sheesh. Pussies. Oh and kwong, we will have no snow. Maybe one day, but it will be gone.

BTW- I went out to Tacoma RC Raceway on Saturday, I was going to play with my new RC10Gt, they were having a big two day race out there. They were running 1/10 gas trucks, MT and 1/8 scale classes. You should have seen the MT flying around the track. It was pretty funny. They were running like four to six per heat. It was cool. All the vehicles, were set up to run on that track, and they all were getting around pretty good.

we WILL HAVE snow....a lot of it...you watch...you're wrong dave, dead wrong...lol

anyhoo, they had 1/8 scale buggies running? I'd of loved to see the monster trucks go around...I know when I was there, it was harder than hell to get around the track with my savage.

yeah, the MT's were all setup really low so they could get around. They were turning pretty quick laps. It was fun to watch. The 1/8 scale was probably the least fun to watch since the track didn't nearly allow for full potential of those things, and my gawd did they make a ton of smoke. The 1/10 trucks were really cool, those things could fly around the track.

oh, and your high, there will not be lots and lots of snow.

You know, some time i'm gonna get some different springs and shock oil for my savage....try to improve the handling...then sometime, go back to r/c tacoma raceway...maybe drop the truck as low as possible...and try to own...

hey, since you got your GT, have you ran it at Tacoma at all?

I haven't run it yet there, I was going to last sat, but the races were going on. It gave me the racing bug. I am hoping to race there this winter.

ah, you should let me know when you're gonna go, I might go, if my homework permits.....

remember how dirty my savage was when we left tacoma r/c a few months ago? lol, it looks EXACTLY the same...it's awesome

It's anybody's bet whether or not there'll be snow here in Washington... I think it was '93 I was drivin' through deep snow in Auburn. poop/Snow happens.

At the risk of sounding like a total female pee pee, I've been trying to get over one of those cold/flu epidemics that put me down over the last few weeks. I absolutely hated having to stay inside over one of the last good weather weekends Washington will probably experience this year.

I'm ready to bash.

Nitrodave, Kwong, let's get ready to... (you know the rest...)

Msly, Candyman, Christian... you can do the color and commentary after witnessing their annihilation by WDH Racing.

:boxing: