I'm Going Crazy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyosho138

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:shrug: i am having a difficult time just deciding on a kit i would like to get... can ya guys do me a favor and tell me the buggies you got and what you like about them and what you dislike :boxing: thanks :cheers:

i went thru the same thing,i ended up with a k3 cause the price was right.i ended up paying 575.00 for a k3 kit and I've been very happy with the quality.if it hadnt been for the good price on the k3 i would have bought the xray for 599.00 + 50.00 for blue lable shipping to alaska.

I think you should buy the car you like yourself a lot
I bought a xb8 and am being very pleased indeed also because I got it for a good price, but sometimes I think, it's so perfect
and I regret a mbx5, I just love the frontsuspension and I could have bought more of those pleasing upgrades like a one-piece motormount or metal rear uprights
now there is the TTR s3 with all his special items and his revolutionairy chassis, who is wathering my mouth, if I could just mount one together..

so I suggest you think about what do you really want, which car to you really love, and can you get spare parts for it quick enough and ofcourse ,last but not the least, about your budget, don't go to far over it !!

IF you're trying to save a few pennies you could get an Inferno MP7.5. YOu can get em' at tower for 350$, or you could step up and get the MP777 for 400$ I like how my MP7.5 handles, very nice. I reccomend it. Its a very good value for the $$$.

go for a mp777 special 1, they are only $600 ar horizonhobbys.com!

pissant, how about a link.

Me personally, I would go with the 777 in the regular format. But racers edge chassis braces, and then shell out the bucks for universals all the way around. There really arnt't that many huge differences between the special one and the regular 777 to warrant the extra money they ask for it.

Unless someone can list some things I'm over looking.

Id go with what you can get parts for locally. That should be a big factor.

Brandon

i know about the 777.... thing is I'm lookin at cars and i change my mind... it has gone from hyper to 7.5 then xb8 then mbx 5 then mp777 now jammin AHHHHHHHHHH!!! i know no matter what i choose ill be happy haha... ok some of you are just telling me things... i want it from people that ahve actually had one... i only got like 2 in here that have followed that

I have the k3, and love that my only maintenance is cleaning and clutches. The shocks stay smooth for months at a time, and I've never had a diff prorblem with it.

The only thing I wish I could get out of it is more sterring. This is where the 777 comes in.

I think if I where to buy another buggy, and could get some parts support, it woudl have to be the x-ray.

BRandon

i have the xb8 with os v spec...its awsome...but expensive

i have the ofna pcr rtr and its very nice...and not to pricy...easy to get parts...and runs awsome with the top p5 on it....

i have never had a k3 .....

i have a mugen mbx 4 xr and it was made into the jt truggy and it flies also....

basically its just your preference and your wallet...but remember more than anything....
in 1/8th scale...YA GET WHAT YA PAY FOR.....
peace

The XB8 is an awesome kit and I would deffinately recommend it, it is pricey though. I also have a couple of Storms that I like a lot but are not even close to as nice as my XB8 but for the money they are good buggies for me. I would totally agree with husky and say you get what you pay for, so it all comes down to what you want to spend.

This is my first 1/8 scale bug (been in RC for 10+yrs) and I wanted to be differant and have a top of the line bug, so I got the XB8! SO easy and nice to build and has all the hop ups already on it. I have not even fired it up yet cause its 10 degrees and snowing???

I was going to get the X5 until I saw the XB8---plus deciding not to go mainstream with everyone else.

Parts are going to be everywhere stateside---Stormer, ace-hobbys and plenty more will follow so parts are not going to be a problem ever! The cheapest place for XB8 parts is: RC-mushroom.com way cheap...

i dont brake parts so parts price isnt much of an issue

kyosho138 said:
i dont brake parts so parts price isnt much of an issue

Is there a new type of driving style we need to know about :shrug:

You dont break parts--hard to believe :cheers:

i do not often.... what am i gunna brake.. i dont bash and I'm careful...

here is a tip... dont #$%& up... hahaha in the past year and a half I've broken one suspension arm... there are things the you need to replace as time goes on but parts just braking dosent really happen too often for me

and when you do break, just buy a couple of that broken part and always keep a spare.

Brandon

hell ya got a spare all the time...I've had a lot of nasty hits but buggies just drive away.. another reason they are great:)

OK... slow donw a bit here.

kyosho138... please LIST DOWN all the buggy that YOUR LHS support/supply.

then we go from there.

you dont want to break parts then stop buggying for 2 weeks or so wont you?

:)mop:)

I just got a inferno mp 7.5 on ebay for 220$ shipped.Me and my dad are still putting it together right now but I think it will be very fun to race.We live in longview,We have to go to dallas to race it though.By the way we got it as a kit.