I'm Back! But dissapointed...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, sorry i haven't been around lately.

Anyways, after doing some racing in Europe and here in the States, I have a few things I would like to share with my fellow Nitro Racers/Bashers.

I myself am 100% caucasian, I race alot, I win alot (not all the time though). Anyways, after racing with the big dogs (Hara, Drake,Cyrul, Easton..), I realized us white boys just couldnt keep up with Mr. Hara... and by Hara i mean Atsushi Hara. It really dissapointed me ( as well as others ) to see an oriental man beat us at our own game. Please understand, I am in no means racist.

What has happened to us? Why are we LOSING. This guy takes medals and trophy's from us like candy from a baby. European Racers along with Asian racers are WAY faster than us! You have to see it to believe it, these guys were pulling something like 2-3 seconds faster than us American guys EVERY LAP. And yet, we had almost a week to dial in our cars before them.

So to all my fellow American's out there, step up your game. We're not alone in the R/C world.

Race hard, Race long.

-j0olz

Last edited:
yea i would have to agree. We americans put to much trust into electronics and micr componence and not enough time into what really matters control. if we would spend more time on the track than we do on the PC. and video games we mite be winning those races.

it is just like these orientals with these beaner hondas and mitsubishi. I know a couple because on the side i work on cars and these guys can pretty much build the exact same car and still push 10 15 more horse. i dont race but i feel your pain jOolz, but look at he bright side, your white and you have won races, so you have to be pretty damn good yourself. keep tweakin, one day you will beat them all.:preachin:

It's simple, they drive Right Hand Drive cars. The japanese have the skyline, we don't, they get the better STI, better EVO, we get the lower one.

The europeans all have faster cars, they got the mclaren, the bugatti...it's rediculous.

I dunno, I think it's the yin/yang thing. We just can't keep up, no matter how hard we try. I have a chance though, since i'm half chinese and half white I might be able to be fast, but then the white side takes over and i'm slow :(

It's hopeless, the only thing we can do is get an ae86 and start delivering tofu, that's the only way! Takumi did it, why can't we?

NOT ME! I don't buy japanese ... cars that is. Only American iron in my garage.

tahoeSS.jpg

ImpalaSS-1.JPG

Last edited:
lol, exactly, I say we blame the american car industry!

If only every r/c racer had a 4agze powered ae86 and delivered tofu everyday...then we'd be truely fast.

Last edited:
Too many politically correct tree huggers and protestors for my taste.

I say blame the driving skills and not the nationality. Some are just better at it than others and some do nothing but that one things so they should be good at it. I don't want to hear any nationality, color, race crap. Everything you do you get out of it what you put into it. Some people car drive a race car 200 MPH and faster in pack of cars but I know I couldn't . I don't have the nerve. Those same people may not be able to hit a barn with a handgun but I can hit real small targets and rather fast. Who is better? Neither. Everybody has something them can do very well no matter if they know it or not. R/C as with anything else requires a certain amount of natural ability. I'm no pro by any means but satisfied with what I do because I know I did the best I could. That's all that matters.

I will throw my 2 cents in here. I've only been around the hobby for about 4 years on this stretch. But I have noticed something that may answer your question.
Tracks.
It seems every time I see pictures of tracks in Europe or especially Japan, they are these pristine incredible layouts. And there are tons of them. For some reason here in the US, these types of tracks are few and far between. We hear about a smattering of indoor carpet tracks. And a few outdoor tracks devoted to racing. But it seems there are more temporary parking lot tracks and things like that. Sure, we share most of the same car technology. But it seems like there aren't as many people willing to put energy into building these gorgeous tracks.
To me, it's the same reason that there are no good American Formula 1 drivers. Because on this side of the ocean, no one really cares...

The reason why.....one word.....DISCIPLINE!!

Oh, and j0olz, I was thinking about this. Seems to me that if you're in Europe racing with the big boys, you must be a racer with some degree of talent. I would assume sponsored. I can't imagine an indy touring Europe to race. Unless you're really rich and really bored. And if you're good enough to get your foot in that door, I then must assume that you have been around many circuits in this country. So......are you someone that we might recognize if we were to find out who you were?

Every nation has some sort of sport that they are REALLY good at:
Europeans: soccer
russians: Used to be ice hockey. the russion ice hockey team really played like they were from another planet
americans: basketball. US owns any other international team in b-ball
africa: long distance runner 5km and 10km
russia: chess
china: table tennis
pakistan: badminton

RC car racing has not enough playas to really define which country is best. It simple training, training, training and more training. You only can get better by constantly training.

Schumacher has not become Formula1 worldchampion by watching it on TV. He started racing go-karts when he was 5 years old and since then has been known as a hard and dedicated worker who puts twice as much testing miles on his racecar than any other driver.

So if you want to become the best rc car driver out there i suggest you spent every single free minute you have on a track and race or test and tune your car. Dedication is key.

Thomas

Last edited:
Originally posted by Candyman
So......are you someone that we might recognize if we were to find out who you were?

..... :bandit:

I am not in the liberty to share my name at this moment.

You are right however, I do have quite a few sponsors, which I am also not in liberty to share. It seems whenever I give my name out on a forum, I get bombarded with Instant Messages and slander.

Back