If you own more then one computer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msly

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
This is a pretty good deal on a no name KVM switch. It includes the cables. (K=Keyboard V=Video M=Mouse) I know I have a ton of computer running different OS's etc. I have my 2000 server, XP box, I have a Linux Box and a Computer I do recording with. If your the only one using them it sure is helpful and space efficient to be using one Keyboard, Monitor and Mouse. I know all the IT guys on the forum use these in work.

THis is certainly a great price for the home user.
KVM LINK

EDIT::: Well I notice now its not an electronic KVM it is manual. Manual KVM's sometimes loose Mouse and KEyboard which totally sucks.

He actually still has a good deal on a switch but without cables...

Electronic KVM

SOrry for the confusion

Last edited:
Hmm.. i simply use ssh or export the display to an Xserver to connect to all my computers, since i only have one Win2000 machine and the rest are unix based comps like OS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux and NetBSD.
Also vnc is a pretty cool opensource program comparable to pc anywhere, but free for private use.

Thomas

Originally posted by Scummer
Hmm.. i simply use ssh or export the display to an Xserver to connect to all my computers, since i only have one Win2000 machine and the rest are unix based comps like OS X, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux and NetBSD.
Also vnc is a pretty cool opensource program comparable to pc anywhere, but free for private use.

Thomas

For my XP boxes and win2k boxes alot of the time I will just use terminal services.

KVMs have there place. Do not get a cheep one. An electronic one is the only way to go. Using a manual unit caused spikes that on time will trash anything connected to them, primarily video cards and monitors. If you need to get on don't cheat yourself by getting a cheep one.

Here is a great place to get cables and related products. I have known them for over 15 years and they only have top quality products. I have toured there manufacturing facility in China and can recommend them without concern.

www.cableclub.com

Originally posted by FastEddy
KVMs have there place. Do not get a cheep one. An electronic one is the only way to go. Using a manual unit caused spikes that on time will trash anything connected to them, primarily video cards and monitors. If you need to get on don't cheat yourself by getting a cheep one.

Here is a great place to get cables and related products. I have known them for over 15 years and they only have top quality products. I have toured there manufacturing facility in China and can recommend them without concern.

www.cableclub.com

Yea I totally agree about the Non-electronic KVM's, When I originally was looking at the AUction I thought it was electronic. I am going to check out the link you sent.

Thanks

sly

I simply use my LPC's to other computer lies when I need to use that one. Kinda primitive but hell, it'll never fail in my lifetime.

I have a Belkin 6 port electronic KVM and I love it. I also had to buy the cables. The one cool feature I like about Belkin (and I would guess there are others) is the menu for the computers. You hit the scroll lock key twice then the space board and then you can select the computer you want to switch to.

Those Belkins are definitely the shiznit. We use 'em at work and I got a four-port at home. I always grab the mouse too quick after switching before it synchs to the new machine and it throws a 'right click' in there.

msly thanks for the link i may purchase that for our multiple comps thanks

Back