i only have front wheel drive

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slakkernaut

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
all of the sudden i only have front wheel drive, i need some advice as to what this may be. i was thinking rear diff, but before i tear it apart i wanted some more input.

could be a stripped rim or a broke dog bone,or even a loose set screw i dont think its your diff unless you have clicking sounds

When mine went to front wheel drive only it was the rear diff, and there was no clicking sound. Check the easy stuff first, center dog bone, wheel hexes, but there is a very good possibility it is the diff.

Hey NCNitro. I remember when your savage became front wheel drive. Here is a photo of the aftermath for you.

NCNitro's 2WD Savage
61broken_diff-med.jpg

That happened to me twice, and both times it was the rear diff. Do your self a favor get the Kyosho bevel gears and the aluminum diff cups, you will be glad that you did. :thumbup:

I love that pic NA. That was on only the tenth tank. Since I rebuilt them with the four spider mod and added diff oil, I have not had any more problems.

can you give me a link to find this stuff??

Nope, not bigger tires. When I lost the rear wheel drive, it sent all the power to the front wheels causing the front tires to ballon up. mcvickj snapped the shot at the Orlando bash.

take off the back tires and look at the plasic hex, it (they both) might be stripped. When you pick the truck up, do the rear wheels spin at all (idle)? if so, its probly the hex, if not, its the center tranny.

thanks all, it was the rear diff, replaced it with stock cuz that's what they had in town, i'll see how long it lasts then look into a 4 gear setup, probably will just stay with hpi stuff since it'll be made to fit.....thanks again

Back