i hope all pull starts aren't as hard to start as this XTM.18!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRIDGE

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i went out yesterday and after i fried a glow plug tried an O.S. HOT it still wouldn't start. i tried richening it up i tried leaning it out. today I'm gonna check for leaks but it can't be in my exhaust setup. could fuel line lengths have something to do wiht why it won't start? because last night when i came in i saw my pressure line from my exhaust to tank was about 1cm over and my line to the carb was way longer. i hope my RC10 isn't this much a pain to start up. because i was there for a good half hour pulling and yes my glow igniter was charged because when i came in i wanted to see if i killed the os plug and it lit up.another quick question is the glowq plug supposed to make a whistling sound i left the glow igniter on it and it started to . help me please

i HATED my pullstart.
i would have to pull it to much and it would just snap
or the oneway yould get to oily
i think to get a pull start to work you reallyu need to be a good tuner

It has got to be with your tuning, because if fuel is getting to the carb, and the glow plug is glowing, it should be starting. maybe your idle is too low? The settings differ with the weather, so if you had it running great one day, it might not run the next day. It may take a little playing around to get it going.

Check low end and idle. When my engines refuse to turn over i raise my idle up until it does then turn it back down when i get it runnin' and warmed up.