I have a question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxxcrazy88

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
does the 2.5 have a throttle return spring?

Yes it has a built in spring behind the dust boot on the throttle arm

I however do not know if it works or not

I thought it did but wanted to make sure don't realy feel like chasing it:D

Originally posted by Maxxcrazy88
I thought it did but wanted to make sure don't realy feel like chasing it:D
Actually, no, it doesn't :(
The springs that are on the linkage, are only there to prevent damage to servos.;)

Darn, I was hoping it did so I could see how long my range was. oh well I have barely gotten it tuned I leaned th HS a bit but now the LS is too something because when I hit the gas it bogs a little bit then goes fine. I let my cousin drive and when he hit the throttle it died. I have a stupid Question do you have to cut the zip tie to remove the air filter?

The only reason it Died is cause you were yellin do this do that no dont do that oh crap dont do that no do this!!!! it was really confusing9P.S. i killed iut twice and it was cause of you yellin at me every time i did somthin)

did you read the post? I said I thought the low end was screwed up hence meaning the slow input on the throttle would have killed it. hence it wasn't your fault :angry:read before you get mad. Ijust thought it was your fault because it wasn't doing it when I took off from a standing start. :D

well if your lsn was too rich this would cause the engine to load up and when you try and take off it would die. also if your hsn is too lean the car will have insane speed then suddenly die but its sounds like you lsn is too rich.

If I accellerate faster it doesn't die, it only happens when I roll the throttle gently. when I do accellerate fast it kinda bogs then goes. Do ou have to cut the zip tie to remove the airfilter?

Actually, the 2.5 carb does have a throttle return spring. It is a passive return spring, so it doesn't have the strength to move a dead servo. It will close the carb only if their is a failure in the throttle linkage. It also helps to completely close the carb if there is any deadband in your throttle linkage.
You will most likely have to cut the zip tie to remove the air filter. Even if you don't have to cut the zip tie to remove the air filter it will probably be to tight to go back on, so you will have to replace it.

You don't have to cut anything to romove the air filter, the rubber elbow separates from the plastic housing;) Also the aformentioned spring on the carb will, only in a certain situation, Close the carb, it depends on which linkage clamp fails. If the inside clamp fails, the spring will go lax, itf the outside clamp goes it will shut the carb. The definition of a return throttle spring is a spring that can overpower a nonactivated servo:D I hope this helps, I have a 2.5 and just performed thes tests to be sure.

M@xx

Thanks for the info:D

:stupid: Really? I thought you had to remove the rubber boot. the stupid manual is confusing. It is a great manual but some parts I don't get. It is really hard to follow the break-in instructions to the Tee, My engine runs great so I must have followed them good enough. but now I need to tune it, not enough clear weather/I haven't had enough time to get it tuned properly. I hate winter:( but I have some projects to work on so as long as I get some AR oil in my maxx I should be fine.

:stupid: Really? I thought you had to remove the rubber boot.

Yeah, the directions are a little unclear on some points.
Grab the elbow right below the plastic housing and pinch you will feel it separate then peel the housing off, actually that is the only way to remove the cleaner. Otherwise you would be trying to pull the foam all the way through the elbow:confused: You don't want to do that;)