I ask cause I don't know

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaron1230

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am jus as new to the internet as I am Nitro cars/trucks I didn't even know what a forum was till I asked Google a how to question about my jato and thus is how I found this place and I must add I have got some dumb responses to my questions but to them my questions were probably jus as stupid as their answer but ole well i sifted thru the S*&^ and got the answers I needed until I asked "Will This Work" and only A NO ONE answered so I took of the genius of this forum that as a no which is cool
If this place isn't for HELPING each other out sharing knowledge and experience then why have the forum or participate in it
I ask cause I don't know and cause the guy that owns and runs the LHS near me HAS given me BAD advise TOO many times and HAS sold me things that didn't work or I didn't need just to get my $$$$$ which really aint cool I had a 100 bucks in unneeded parts behind a gallon of fuel he recommended and knew wouldn't let my car run then told me oh this is wrong with the car so I kept buying stuff until I found this site and a post SMaxxin made explaining the mechanics of tuning and Rolex's posted flow chart together with a call to the Fuel Manufacture and new jug of fuel I understood how to get my car running and I appreciated those finds and still am grateful for their posts and everyone else who give their honest legitimate responses whether right or wrong
My point in all that rambling is this
IF you don't know don't respond to my questions and if you think it may work or know something that will SPEAK UP because I would rather a legitimate "I Think..." way more than a sarcastic response just to discourage me because more than likely I had already done a Google search or E-Bay one before I Bother anyone on here with my questions I am a grown man and I HATE to out right ask for help because I don't know or can't figure it out on my own
BUT NOT AS MUCH AS I DO HATE SARCASM KEEP THAT TO YOURSELF
By the way not all problems are the piston in backward especially if it ran before and the engine has not been taken that far apart

yea I hope the LHS guy is on here too I'll spend extra $$$ with E-Bay before I give up another cent to you
Aaron is my real name

yea I hope the LHS guy is on here too I'll spend extra $$$ with E-Bay before I give up another cent to you
By the way Aaron is my real name I'm not an E-Thug or anything but I'm not hard to find either

well I'm glad you found the info you needed, and we were able to steer you in the right direction. there is a lot of knowledge and a lot of knowledgeable people here. just ask away and we will try to help!

And maybe a punctuation mark sprinkled in every now and then wouldn't hurt either.

Hey Arron the only stupid questions are the ones you dont ask!!! Thats why they have places like this is so people like yourself with little to no experience and heck like me who have 5-10 yrs experience can help! I still have questions about stuff alot has change over the last 5 to 10 years!!! Glad to have ya !!! :D

Last edited:
I am always more then willing to throw some good advice out if I can. You will see I mainly respond to threads in The general nitro talk thread, the Revo threads, T-maxx threads, tool threads, body shop and engine and motor threads. Because that's where my experience is. The other threads I don't even bother with because I have no experience with them. I will agree though that punctuation helps, you will see post with just one long run on sentence and spelling errors that sometime trying to decipher it makes your head hurt. I recommend downloading Mozzila firefox it has a spell check built in, if a word is underlined in red just right click on it to get the correct spelling. you can find by a google search

I am normally helpful but as pointed out about by Grudge...if I can't read or understand what is being asked; I am going on to the next post. I would rather say nothing at all than misunderstanding and giving bad info. There is hundreds of years of combined knowledge here. Ask a clear legit question and you shall (normally) receive some good answers. But just like anywhere else keep your BS filter on.

I joined only a short time ago and have been treated very well by everybody that i have had contact with. stick around and ask all the questions you have. i did and got great help and now really really enjoy my revo and the whole hobby a lot more.:)

same with me I recently joined a few months back and everyone helped me out tons!!! My advise is to read read and read some more. That's what I did on here and now I feel like I've been in this hobby forever.

Welcome aboard, Aaron.
We're glad you found some helpful advise here. That's what we do best. We try to stay on top of the posters to make sure that only legitimate advise is given out.
Just post your questions in the proper forum and we'll all make sure you don't get ripped off on needless parts when only an adjustment will do. This is a GREAT hobby, and for most of us, the wrenching is the best part.

i agree with you rolex, since i have found this site the wrenching has definately become much more fun.

I apologize for the ramble but the point I wanted to make obviously was made to whom it was implied.
Thank you all for being there and willing to offer your knowledge and experience. I have been truly enjoying my RC ing experience since I signed up on here. Every question I asked has been answered and I was given good advice.
Because I have no experience it is hard figuring out what is and is not interchangeable/compatible those are the things I WILL ask of you guys.
By the way I just came up on what amounts to a closed RC store for a, to me fair price I got like 20 chassis and BOXES of parts I don't know how many complete RC s I'll end up with but it looks like the Jato wont be getting as much action as it had been.
ALSO i wiLl wOrk on tHe graMMar seeing how you guys say it will help you understand me_
Thanks again I'm off to smell some NITRO

wish i could smell nitro
my car wont be running till monday or tuesday and it dont smell very nice when u just stick ur nose in the bottle LMAO... not that i have done this because YES i know its poison lol

WELCOM AARON :cheers:

Back