Hyper Go H16PL is awesome!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozo

What, me worry?
Supporter
Military Veteran
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
Just got a Hyper Go H16PL and it is really a great buggy. It looks like a minor upgrade over the regular brushless line, with a different battery mounting configuration, tires and a stronger wing mount.
I replaced the stock TX/RX system with a DumboRC X6PM-350 with gyro and added the optional wheelie bar, a stainless steel skid plate and a "snake" body from Amazon. Running on 3s this is a beast!
Hyper Gos are a good and durable 1/16 setup, I now have six (four brushed, two brushless). I let guests (most of whom have no RC experience) drive them and after many epic crashes only have broken one body post and one wing mount.
OOB all they really need is diff grease and shock oil. The four brushed ones have the stock TX/RX which work fine and the two brushless have DumboRCs. I don't have one, but I think these are a better vehicle than the new Arrma Grom. Parts are cheap and available on ebay and Amazon. The same chassis is also available under various relabels.

Here are the brushed ones...

PXL_20230528_133957434.jpg

And here are the brushless ones...

PXL_20231214_164359259.jpg

PXL_20231214_165844240.jpg

PXL_20231214_165858096.jpg

PXL_20231214_165908252.jpg

PXL_20231214_165935403.jpg

Next one on your list is the drift truck then? My son has the brushed monster truck with the gps, it was $100. It’s a wicked little truck! He obliterated his body posts somehow so I replaced them. I haven’t tore it down to check the diffs or do shock fluids yet. He loves it, I love it, I may get the drift truck because it looks solid.

I think I'll hold off on the drift truck for a while. I never planned on getting this many hyper gos but about 6 months ago Walmart had a clearance on the GPS brushed versions for $48 so I bought four. Liked them so much I got a brushless 1607 and then Amazon had a sale on the V2 version for $110- couldn't pass it up. The drivetrain in the 1/16th version is the same as in the 1/14th hyper gos. Way overbuilt and pretty easy to work on. Greasing the diff and topping off the shocks will help it perform better.

Well, couldn't leave well enough alone...
Didn't like the delay in the throttle, some digging discovered that the ESC isn't the best. I like Hobbywing stuff it's cheap, reliable and adjustable.
Got the 16BL30 ESC for $27, fits right in - only had to change the battery connector to Deans (all my 1/16 have Deans, the rest XT60).
Uses the same programming card as all my other Hobbywing ESCs.
The ESC came with some Hobbywing stickers, so I used them to cover up the stupid "JETWOOD" logo that came on the body (who thinks up these dumb names?).
PXL_20231221_001847305-EDIT.jpg

PXL_20231221_001907354-EDIT.jpg

PXL_20231221_002208943-EDIT.jpg

PXL_20231221_002311641-EDIT.jpg

Added some Chinesium shock towers and some 15mm hex extenders on the wheels.
Here's a comparison to a stock one- tire width is different but the wheel offsets are the same. I've found it runs better with the narrower wheels.
PXL_20231221_003425847-EDIT.jpg

It's dark out but I did a quick ballpark tuning on the ESC and ran it around the garage a bit- tomorrow I'll really give it a shakedown.
I've added the RX to my new DumboRC DDF-350, which also has steering and throttle expo curve adjustment. I'm really liking this TX!
My Typhon Jr...
PXL_20231221_010610035-EDIT.jpg

Well, couldn't leave well enough alone...
Didn't like the delay in the throttle, some digging discovered that the ESC isn't the best. I like Hobbywing stuff it's cheap, reliable and adjustable.
Got the 16BL30 ESC for $27, fits right in - only had to change the battery connector to Deans (all my 1/16 have Deans, the rest XT60).
Uses the same programming card as all my other Hobbywing ESCs.
The ESC came with some Hobbywing stickers, so I used them to cover up the stupid "JETWOOD" logo that came on the body (who thinks up these dumb names?).
View attachment 177402
View attachment 177403
View attachment 177404
View attachment 177406
Added some Chinesium shock towers and some 15mm hex extenders on the wheels.
Here's a comparison to a stock one- tire width is different but the wheel offsets are the same. I've found it runs better with the narrower wheels.
View attachment 177405
It's dark out but I did a quick ballpark tuning on the ESC and ran it around the garage a bit- tomorrow I'll really give it a shakedown.
I've added the RX to my new DumboRC DDF-350, which also has steering and throttle expo curve adjustment. I'm really liking this TX!
My Typhon Jr...
View attachment 177407
I thought maybe Jetwood would sound cool in Chinese but "Jiéwǔdé" doesn't seem to be any better 🤣 🤣 🤣

Ich habe gerade einen Hyper Go H16PL bekommen und es ist wirklich ein toller Buggy. Es sieht aus wie eine kleine Verbesserung gegenüber der regulären bürstenlosen Linie, mit einer anderen Konfiguration der Batteriemontage, Reifen und einer stärkeren Flügelhalterung.
Ich habe das serienmäßige TX/RX-System durch einen DumboRC X6PM-350 mit Gyro ersetzt und die optionale Wheelie-Bar, eine Unterfahrschutzplatte aus Edelstahl und eine „Schlangen“-Karosserie von Amazon hinzugefügt. Mit 3 Sekunden zu laufen, das ist ein Biest!
Hyper Gos sind ein gutes und langlebiges 1/16-Setup, ich habe jetzt sechs (vier mit Bürsten, zwei ohne Bürsten). Ich lasse sie von Gästen (von denen die meisten keine RC-Erfahrung haben) fahren, und nach vielen epischen Unfällen ist nur ein Karosseriepfosten und eine Flügelhalterung gebrochen.
OOB, alles, was sie wirklich brauchen, ist Difffett und Stoßdämpferöl. Die vier gebürsteten Modelle verfügen über die serienmäßigen TX/RX-Modelle, die gut funktionieren, und die beiden bürstenlosen Modelle verfügen über DumboRCs. Ich habe keins, aber ich denke, das ist ein besseres Fahrzeug als der neue Arrma Grom. Teile sind günstig und bei eBay und Amazon erhältlich. Das gleiche Chassis ist auch unter verschiedenen Relabels erhältlich.

Hier sind die gebürsteten...

View attachment 177101

Und hier sind die bürstenlosen...

View attachment 177102
View attachment 177103
View attachment 177104
View attachment 177105
View attachment 177106
Hallo meine frage wäre von wo du die wheelie bar hast

I just purchased two Hyper Go H16PL for my kids, and they are enjoying ripping around with these. One of my guys seems to want to do more off-roading instead of driving it around on the pavement. It comes with some slightly larger wider tires, but wondering what other options there might be? I'm totally new to the RC world. I was thinking of getting some larger tires just to provide a little bit more clearance under the car. I'm assuming I'd have to add some wheel offsets as well? Also going to look into a new ESC as well the stock one doesn't seem that great. Any tips would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Welcome in @Teefy , a couple things you need to watch out for.
Changing to a bigger wheel and tire could put stress on other components.
Chances are the motor and esc will heat up pretty quick.
If it's a brushed motor then it will most definitely heat up.
We are kind of limited by our imaginations but sometimes its just not smart to
upgrade to bigger parts that aren't designed for it.
I'm not saying it can't be done, but you "must" watch your motor and esc temps.
Bigger wheels and tires will put stress on the drivetrain as well so if this is the route you want to go,
then plan on upgrading that as well.
Sometimes it's just cheaper to buy another rig for type of driving they want to do.

Welcome in @Teefy , a couple things you need to watch out for.
Changing to a bigger wheel and tire could put stress on other components.
Chances are the motor and esc will heat up pretty quick.
If it's a brushed motor then it will most definitely heat up.
We are kind of limited by our imaginations but sometimes its just not smart to
upgrade to bigger parts that aren't designed for it.
I'm not saying it can't be done, but you "must" watch your motor and esc temps.
Bigger wheels and tires will put stress on the drivetrain as well so if this is the route you want to go,
then plan on upgrading that as well.
Sometimes it's just cheaper to buy another rig for type of driving they want to do.
Thanks for the info, makes sense. I think I'll let them rip around with the stock set up for now and see what breaks first, then go from there :)

That's usually what I do, I prefer to build my own but usually with stock parts and then upgrade when needed.
Most important thing is to have fun with them. Always a plus when the kids are involved.

Back