Hyper .21 8-Port Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Take your time before reading on. Get the laughter over my avatar and what-not out of your system...

OK, now that you've somewhat composed yourself, need some advice. I will be receiving my new Mugen MBX5T tomorrow (whoo-hoo) and am planning on installing a Hyper .21 8-port engine into it that I have already. I'm thinking of putting a JP-1 pipe on it, as the two tracks I mainly run at are shorter, tighter tracks. Has anyone ever run a JP-1 on a Hyper before? Would you recommend that pipe or is there a better alternative?

The Hyper .21 I am running in my Hyper-7 buggy is with a Power Racing Y1-053 pipe and it seems to do pretty good, but lacks a tad on the low-end.

Any advice or experiences you have had with the JP-1 with this or like engine greatly appreciated!

Go ahead, read the signature...

I've run a JP-1 on both my buggy and truggy but prefer the JP-3. The JP-3 is all around but really good with mid range. I haven't run either on a Hyper motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
meh. i could be wrong. but I've always read around that you shouldent put on pipe to improve low end if its got lots of top and the other way around. So you can go buy a modded P5 to put with that JP-1 :) hahahha

You shouldn't put a bottom end pipe on a mill with lots of bottom end, you'll suck the element out of the plug

I like to run mid range pipes on my engines, I had a Collari B3 which is knows for low end, and I put OFNA top end pipe on it and it killed the bottom end, then a put a Vantage low to mid pipe on and it was much better. I'd go with a JP-3.

Back