Hyper .21 8 Port issue.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyline Racer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm trying to get my old mugen up and running to bash around the yard with and the piston is stuck in the cylinder. I can't turn the flywheel any whatsoever, even with the cooling head off. What are some things that I should try doing? Is the motor toast? Thanks

Heat the cylinder with a hair dryer to expand it, then shoot some WD-40 on both ends of the piston, and tap it out.

Do you think that the piston and sleeve will be alright after that? I dont believe that I put after run oil in it before I stored it.

From the sounds of it the mill was sitting for a while? Try soaking it with some wd40 or pb blaster type penetrating oil for a day then try and heat it up with a hair dryer, oh clean off the excess oil first so you don't have a fire!

edit: rolex beat me to it, that little spinning hat makes you quick!

Yeah the motor sat for at least two years... I'll try that. That could be the reason why I thought my starter box was bad and not turning my motor over!

Also two questions,

1. What are the basic settings to retune this engine?

and

2. If my gel cell 12v. is brand new and just went down to .8 Volts from sitting, will it be ok to charge back up to 12v?

Thanks

Yeah the motor sat for at least two years... I'll try that. That could be the reason why I thought my starter box was bad and not turning my motor over!

Also two questions,

1. What are the basic settings to retune this engine?

and

2. If my gel cell 12v. is brand new and just went down to .8 Volts from sitting, will it be ok to charge back up to 12v?

Thanks

I have the mugen box with the 12Vcell. It sat for quite some time since I am using the stick packs for more punch. In fact I will go the LIPO way for even more punch.

Before using different power sources I would let it die to pretty much zero like yours and just cycle it once and then recharge to capacity.

As for the settings,

Check this page from OFNA to help you get it running with the "baseline settings" for that mill.

Good luck bud and let us know.

Jon

Back