HULKS MGT BUILD (race mode)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking awesome! Get some track video of it for us!

Please lower the body post one notch bro! Maybe two.....looks like a beast man,good work buddy

Please lower the body post one notch bro! Maybe two.....looks like a beast man,good work buddy

That's as far as they go. I even drilled them and set them right on the shock towers I wish they would go just a little more.

Damn it!...is it killin u as much as me hulk, lol

Damn it!...is it killin u as much as me hulk, lol

Ah not really that bad. If I would have left a little access when I trimmed the body you wouldn't even notice it. Maybe next body I will remember LOL! I don't figure this one will last that long it's got a lot of track time ahead of it this summer. My buddy is coming over tomorrow to extend our local track to make room for these beasts. Gotta remember it is a Traxxas slash body sitting on a 1/8th scale monster LOL!

Last edited:
How well/easy was it to mount the rear wing you chose? I have an rc8t wing and mount and it would require a lot to make it mount and look good. When I have my shock towers made I want to find a wing so I can incorporate mount points there is I need to.

BBBbadAzzzz. :first_place:

Thanks Rolex!:D

---------- Post added at 1:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:41 PM ----------

How well/easy was it to mount the rear wing you chose? I have an rc8t wing and mount and it would require a lot to make it mount and look good. When I have my shock towers made I want to find a wing so I can incorporate mount points there is I need to.

I used a thunder tiger ST1 wing mount on mine. The new era shock towers allows this wing mount to be mounted with a little trimming to the mount. You could also try the Tekno wing mount for the maxx truck. I have seen guys use that setup before on the MGT. With the ST1 mount there is pretty decent adjustment's available. I hope all goes well with the production end of your parts I would love to have that chassis setup your working with.

I don't figure this one will last that long it's got a lot of track time ahead of it this summer. \
Looks good man. I'm not talented at all with respect to fitting/trimming bodies but seeing some of this stuff inspires me. I've always wanted a PL Bulldog body on my Savage so we'll see how it goes.

So did you end up building it as a racer? I thought you were but then decided no, but it looks like it panned out for you? I really would like to see a comeback of this class. I know they aren't race machines...but that's what is fun about it. Can't wait to see how yours handles. Seeing as it's a racer, I'm more curious on your setup. Knowing your track what have you defined as the stock (I imagine you'll tweak as the season progresses but looking just for your baseline). I'm slowly making strides with my Savage but keeping it a hybrid and not a pure-bred racer like your MT (I think if I went off on it too much I'd just end up creating truggy) ;-) I'm unable to find any good race setups for MTs (by that just typical hard-pack, long flowing, with huge jumps environments---call it racing or bashing but that sort of terrain). Absolutely would love to hear what you got going on there as every day I'm testing the crap out of different setups and since there are few MT racers trying not to re-invent the wheel and learn from old skool MT racers.

Great job fitting the body, it looks Awesome...Would be a nice entry in the ROTM!

Looks good man. I'm not talented at all with respect to fitting/trimming bodies but seeing some of this stuff inspires me. I've always wanted a PL Bulldog body on my Savage so we'll see how it goes.

So did you end up building it as a racer? I thought you were but then decided no, but it looks like it panned out for you? I really would like to see a comeback of this class. I know they aren't race machines...but that's what is fun about it. Can't wait to see how yours handles. Seeing as it's a racer, I'm more curious on your setup. Knowing your track what have you defined as the stock (I imagine you'll tweak as the season progresses but looking just for your baseline). I'm slowly making strides with my Savage but keeping it a hybrid and not a pure-bred racer like your MT (I think if I went off on it too much I'd just end up creating truggy) ;-) I'm unable to find any good race setups for MTs (by that just typical hard-pack, long flowing, with huge jumps environments---call it racing or bashing but that sort of terrain). Absolutely would love to hear what you got going on there as every day I'm testing the crap out of different setups and since there are few MT racers trying not to re-invent the wheel and learn from old skool MT racers.

I wish I had time for daily testing alas working 60 plus hrs a week lately leaves me with little time. I have started working on a track local here for everyone to run on and test setups. Some friends came by over the weekend to help me out and we added another 15 feet to the track. Right now every ones pooling there money to help buy supplies to get it done for the season. From what I have been told the actual track may not be supporting nitro this year which sucks. But it looks like most if not all will be coming to our track if that's the case. Track will be more of a speed coarse no crazy huge jumps or anything yet. Once the track is finished, it should allow more time for me for tuning options and playing with different setups. From previous experience in this class though I have a pretty good idea so far. I know it's going to be a pain because so many local guys want to run there bone stockers also so looks like we may have to make up another class.

Well I figured I would post this vid on the build thread. This was the beginning of the 8th tank so I really wasn't on it real hard yet! Still needs power tuned, pretty much running close to break in settings. The only hard throttle pass was when it flipped onto it's top then back to it's wheels. And that up close vid was on dry black top . I started a little tuning in that vid. Can't believe it has enough power to power slide and drift on the road with the Dirt bonz on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dJEKza9VErk

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow bro that thing is seriously gonna rip with a race tune, can't wait to see some full throttle race tune passes

I know right. It's a hand full to keep it controlled now. I was unable to really get on it in those vids my front yard doesn't have enough room. If weather permits I will be putting it up against my nephews big red .28 powered revo this Sunday on the track. Hope to get some vids up of the track run.

If I may ask, how much did you spend on this build, minus the cost of the actual rig itself?
I wanna see some track action!!!

OT- check ur PMs buddy I need your help haha

^^^Any idea? Lol....

What oils are you running in your diffs, I want a little bit less slop in the diffs, mainly rear so I can get non-slop power to the ground to help in handling control & better my chances with weel stands..

Short vid of the LRP.32

I thought I got a longer vid of the run after tuning it but the freakin camera SD card pooped out on me ran out of space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back