HPi Savage RTR 25 yes 25

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone smell a hoax

HPI's web site was last updated the 27th that artical came out on the 26th dont you think that they would spend the time to put that information on there web cite??? Untell I see it on hpiracing.com I say that its not true. I just dont see how it would be a smart marketing move doing that. It would stop to many people from buying the SS kit and piss alot of people of that have already preordered it. I say its a no go. why would they change the tank on the "new" 25 RTR and not the SS kit hmmmmm Its not like some one at HPI comes up with an idea and then it rolls out the next day. Stuff like this takes time to put together and then launch. I say BOO HOAX... but hell I could be wrong. It just wouldnt be a good move on HPI's part. :tophat:

Last edited:
Originally posted by DarthRacer
Why is there no info about it on HPI's website??? Weird.

Originally posted by TheShagler
someone smell a hoax

HPI's web site was last updated the 27th that artical came out on the 26th dont you think that they would spend the time to put that information on there web cite??? Untell I see it on hpiracing.com I say that its not true. I just dont see how it would be a smart marketing move doing that. It would stop to many people from buying the SS kit and piss alot of people of that have already preordered it. I say its a no go. why would they change the tank on the "new" 25 RTR and not the SS kit hmmmmm Its not like some one at HPI comes up with an idea and then it rolls out the next day. Stuff like this takes time to put together and then launch. I say BOO HOAX... but hell I could be wrong. It just wouldnt be a good move on HPI's part. :tophat:

I agree with you man. Something didn't seem right.
And if you all notice, as of the time of this post, there is STILL no info about this kit on HPI's website. Don't you think it would be big news that would be on their main page? :trout:

Last edited:
Hi,

What would u say to get:

Savage Picco.26
Savage SS
Savage .25

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I porb will be gettin gears etc that come with SS and put them in my Picoo anyways, so it will be like a SS but with a .26? What ya thinks better?

Thanks

Cyber Phreak

I agree with you man. Something didn't seem right.
And if you all notice, as of the time of this post, there is STILL no info about this kit on HPI's website. Don't you think it would be big news that would be on their main page? :trout:

ur right about the website, I just posted a message on HPI's own message board. Let's get to the bottom of this. :\

That does seem strange that there is no information on HPI's site. If this is a hoax someone sure did put a lot of time into those pictures. They look very real to me.

Holy poop. I'm no photo expert but doesn't this look even a little fishy?:

fishy-hpi-photo1.jpg

it looks like the "Savage 25" was added via photoshop or something. Do you see how the top of the letter "S" extended above the edge of the truck's bed? "Savage 25" isn't straight with the bed either. On a glamor shot like this, you'd better bet they would get the decals right.

it looks kinda of weird to me. it's possible that some graphic's artist did this on the box (if it's a real box) to make it look more visible. For the mean time, I feel this is fake. :(

-Rob

Originally posted by Cyberphreak
Hi,

What would u say to get:

Savage Picco.26
Savage SS
Savage .25

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I porb will be gettin gears etc that come with SS and put them in my Picoo anyways, so it will be like a SS but with a .26? What ya thinks better?

Thanks

Cyber Phreak

Anyone?

given the same treatment, look how this Savage 21 image looks:

normal-hpi-photo1.jpg

it doesn't look like someone has stuck it on there with glue and sizzors. it's also very starigh with the bed. The letters do not poke up beyond the bed.

man, if this is a fake....

I've got more. What about this picture?

832fm35.jpg

this is another picture of the possible fake "Savage 25" image. If they took two pictures, how could they get the fake words in the exact same spot?

Well, the same picture has been used in both cases. The picture on the box IS the picture in question. It's just been rotates a little bit to make it look cool:

fishy-hpi-photo2.jpg

I circled these yellow flowers that you see the background of each picture. Do you notice how the yellow flowers are in the exact same position in relation to the truck and each other. If you took two pictures, the flowers would have surely been moved.

Why make two fake Savage 25 decals when you can make one and make it look like two seperate pictures? Saves you work.

This is either a fake or HPI is trying to make a box to picture a decal they haven't made yet.

-Rob

I called HPI and they said there's nothing like the 25 RTR planned as of yet. Sounds like we've been had.

Originally posted by Rex2342
:confused: :wtf: I knew it was too good to be true!!! Everything we have complained about had suddenly been fixed for this "New RTR" and not for the SS version. If it is a Hoax why does Tower have it listed then?http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFLP2&P=0

How did you find the Towerhobbies link? I searched the site for the stock numbers listed in your link and they did not come up. Hmmmm..

How did you find the Towerhobbies link? I searched the site for the stock numbers listed in your link and they did not come up. Hmmmm..

I got it from another forum while asking their thoughts on the hoax.I didn't try searching tower myself.

Update....I just tried searching for the part# and stock# and came up with nothing.How come the link works but searching on Tower doesn't?

Last edited:
:confused: :wtf: I knew it was too good to be true!!! Everything we have complained about had suddenly been fixed for this "New RTR" and not for the SS version. If it is a Hoax why does Tower have it listed then?http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFLP2&P=0
Maybe the guy I talked to at HPI was a schmuck. Maybe he had not heard. Maybe Tower saw the other link announcing the 25RTR and believed it. Who knows. All I know is the dude I talked to at HPI said there was not a 25 RTR coming out.

I just talked to a guy from Savage central and he said he talked to a guy at HPI and he confired it's release in October

I just talked to a guy from Savage central and he said he talked to a guy at HPI and he confired it's release in October

I wannna hear it straight from HPI.:stickup: :stickup:

I still say hoax! I talked to a guy who once new this other guy that had a hot dog with this one dude that totaly new the CEO of HPI and he told me that HPI is going to be making full size monster trucks and there coming out in november and are olny going to cost $12.00 SWEEEEEEEET... I total know that this is true TRUST ME.

People its a hoax

The Savage 25 RTR ..... DOES NOT COMPUTE......

ME ----> :whack: <----- All the people that think the RTR 25 is coming out at the end of october

listed under tower, hoax.. i doubt it.. how abt this for bigger laugh..

uvs030831-002.jpg

saw this on a different forum asking what it was..... what do you think it is??

this is the text that was with it....

hi,

i´m reading a lot in this forum but after i found a "rumour" in a Germanforum ( i live in Germany) about a Savage SS MP 1000 BL and Thanks to Google is found this Pic here ....

waht the Heck is this ??? just a Joke ore what do you guys Think ?

i have a idea.... but wondering your thoughts....

basically HPI does not want the news to slip on the rtr25, even though it has cause it will hurt SS sales... but in theory it will replace the rtr21, and most people into nitro do not have 15 min chargers for a 7.2 battpack... at least anyone willing to buy a rtr when there is a kit avaliable.. so slow charger, aka 15$ option to go with the 30$ batt you will have to buy on top of the bump in price..

us-->
22.gif
<---people who are non beleivers

Last edited:
Originally posted by CRSMP5
listed under tower, hoax.. i doubt it.. how abt this for bigger laugh..

uvs030831-002.jpg

saw this on a different forum asking what it was..... what do you think it is??

this is the text that was with it....

hi,

i´m reading a lot in this forum but after i found a &quot;rumour&quot; in a Germanforum ( i live in Germany) about a Savage SS MP 1000 BL and Thanks to Google is found this Pic here ....

waht the Heck is this ??? just a Joke ore what do you guys Think ?

i have a idea.... but wondering your thoughts....

basically HPI does not want the news to slip on the rtr25, even though it has cause it will hurt SS sales... but in theory it will replace the rtr21, and most people into nitro do not have 15 min chargers for a 7.2 battpack... at least anyone willing to buy a rtr when there is a kit avaliable.. so slow charger, aka 15$ option to go with the 30$ batt you will have to buy on top of the bump in price..

us--&gt;
22.gif
&lt;---people who are non beleivers
Whatever that is it has a very large crack in the left rear, right close to the taillight section.

I still find it hard to believe that HPI would "leak" out information on the 25 RTR and now even have anything on their site about it. On this one I'm a "wait and see" person.:stick:

Originally posted by TheShagler

People its a hoax

The Savage 25 RTR ..... DOES NOT COMPUTE......

ME ------> :whack: <----- All the people that think the RTR 25 is coming out at the end of october

Back