HPI RS4 3 evo+

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grgbulldog

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My friend can't decide between the rs4 3 evo+ and the NTC3. i know the NTC3 come with more of the stuff needed to run, and at hobbytown the NTC3 and the RS4 are the same price, cutting the NTC3's overall price down. Heres my question. I've checked tower and HPI's website, and it says that you can use rotostart, but also says it has a pullstart, and on HPI's website it has pics of both roto and pull. what does it really come with?

I believe the evo+ is roto start. it has the.18ss I think.Not 100% sure I have 2 older models with upgraded engines? I like pullstarts.

The Evo+ comes with the rotostart. I bought my RS4 EVO with the roto starter, but it became a pain in the neck to have one more battery ready just to start the engine. Depennding on this can also cut a day of fun short. I have since switched to a pull starter and its a whole lot less of a headache to get out an go. So the element of a rotostarter should not be a major factor when deciding between cars.

It seems to me that a roto start on a touring-type RC car would be too big and bulky to carry around since it's more for street racing and not bashing like a Savage. Now if it were a Savage I'd say different but you get the idea.

I think PS has less rotational mass than a roto so you get more revs out of the engine anyways.

???? the rotostart is smaller than a regular pullstart ....i have one on my rs4 and in no way its to big or bulky..it just sucks for the batteries..thats why I'm goin pullstart from now on...you my be thinking of an electric starter like the traxxas

also the rotational mass is nothing; its a freewheeling unit wich means it poses no inertia to the engine...same thing for the pullstart ..once the engine starts, both of em disengages from the crank,if they were reving with the engine you would blow them apart in less time than you need to say it..

dont matter what i comes with geez change it its like a 10 dollar difference on uses batteries and the other doesn't

My vote goes to the Rs4 3 Evo, great little car I just picked up the RTR Cuda. Got the bug a few months back and havent stopped. I now have 3..
Parts are easy to get, not that expensive and there are some really nice hop ups, carbon etc..

Back