HPI Bullet MT 3.0 4x4

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just picked up a HPI Bullet MT 3.0 4x4 I was @ my LHS "Friday" looking around & was going to buy another Traxxas Rig " Jato 3.3 / Slayer Pro 4x4 3.3 & the HS guy was like thease just came in "2-3 days ago" & show's me to the HPI section & I was Ooooh this truck looks pretty cool for an HPI. The HS guy said HPI just put thease Rig's on the market.

Hears alittle 411 on my new Rig

1. Powerd by HPI's Nitro Star G 3.0 pullstart engine
2. 2.4 GHz Radio System / with built in fail safe
3. Waterproof Receiver Box
4. Water Resistant Airfilter set
5. HPI's Ammunition tires on HPI Black wheels

I am in the process of Engine Break in & the Engine start's up with ease with a few pull's & sounds great Radio System has very good responsiveness both Steering / Throttle. So far I am really happy with this truck & after Break in I think its going to be a blast to Bash. Even my Neighbor that buys nothing but Traxxas Rigs said its a sharp & nice looking truck & I would suggest picking up this truck. & listed sticker price was $349.99. My LSH met Tower Hobby's price & I got the Truck for $330.00 & this Rig is priced alittle lower than some of the Traxxas nitro Rig's :)

Nice
I ordered the Bullet ST 3.0 and will be delivered tomorrow:D
can't wait for big brown truck!

Make sure the diffs are shimmed good. I've heard of people having issues with the bevel gear stripping.

Nice
I ordered the Bullet ST 3.0 and will be delivered tomorrow:D
can't wait for big brown truck!

Thats also a nice Rig my HS did not have the Bullet ST in stock I actually bought the last Bullet MT thay had in stock.

Great to hear. Let us know how tuff it is.

YEAH MAN!:)
Didn't fire it up yet but looks nice. Almost overbuilt really which is perfect for me.
Found the HSN turned in further than break in spec. something to keep an eye on for others buying one of these.

Enjoy a couple pic's of the USA version.

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_1014.jpg
    IMG_1014.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 404
WOW, i like that, let us know how it runs once you get it broke in, thats a cool looking little ride

UPDATE : I ran my 4 tanks of fuel as manual states for proper engine break in. I have encountered a problem Throttle & Steering works great without truck running IE : when truck is running " ON STAND NO WHEELS ON GROUND " I have no throttle or steering no matter how much I try with remote. So I called up HPI & explained my issue so the tech said I might have a defect in the recever & or remote or both & made arrangments to send the said items back to HPI to have the HPI team look over the problem & being the truck is under warrenty I have no worries just the cost of S/H

My buddy bought the mt 3.0 on ebay the other day..
This is his very first rc.Let me tell you i looked this truck over top to bottom,
Took it to the track and bashed it along with my cars.We jumped his truck litterally 12 feet high and 20 feet long,smashed it nose first into the ground...NOTHING Broke...

The only problem i have found with the bullet,is they released these trucks last year in Europe,Then Brought them to the U.S, a few months back..the only problem is they didnt send the parts to the U.S yet.So It is hard to find these parts in the U.S..
Who Knows though,They could alrdy be here in America...

I give the Bullet an 8 out of 10

I found at leas 2 factory mistakes in les than 5h driving it. At first break was not working good! Breaking distance after full speed was 20m!!! And weels did not lock
And second thing....transmiter/battery box is not waterproof! At small amount of snow or mini podels, that box is wet
I fixed breaks but now I noticed that wet conditions make breaks usless....
This is my second truck (ftx carnage) and I can notice paterns which indicate that they produce them like that just to sell more parta

This is a really old thread.

Most rigs with fiber brakes don't work as well when they are wet. Also, most new RTR's require some things to be adjusted to be right, like the brakes or throttle movment or steering trim. Always a good idea to go over any RTR and make sure everything is tight too.

Back