HPI Baja 5b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradZ_09

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:DHey guys after a few days on the forum I've came up with wat i wanna buy
HPI Baja 5b?
I've heard a bit about them they look awesome and really tough?
Probly not as zippy as a nitro but hell i dont care
ANyone know much about them?
prices?
Places to buy?

thanks guys -BradZ-:)

Your looking at close to $1,000 yes one thousand lol. Get ready to spend. They are pretty fast too! Faster than some nitros. Torque is crazy! I will let others who own them chime in.

Crazy fast, I was having a hard time catching one and I have a pico .26 in my revo and a baja was giving me a run for it lol. You can find good deals on used ones laying around. Check hpibajaforum there is a guy right now selling new SS kits for like 800 shipped. There are deals but you just have to look. And rember once you go baja you never look back!

If you get the 5b, you will never EVER go nitro again.

all good points. they are fast. they dont look fast cuz they are big, but I've yet to see much of any nitro or leccy with brushless setups beat a well tuned baja.

and its an addiction. with all the stuff (aftermarket) availalbe. its EASY to spend twice your bajas cost in hopups, though they arnt needed.

the things are basically tanks. they can take you to the edge and beyond. which is why so many of us have to buy upgraded parts. lol

i have 4 atm. 2 are sold, I'm selling a 3rd one here in a few weeks, to get a 5T. then i ll start all over again with it. lol

I love mine. I havent really had the time time to drive it lately, but when i do, its just one of the best feelings. I have gotten rid of all of my nitros, just because i have been so spoiled by this thing.

The baja is one of, if not, the funnest RCs ever made. Reliable, and very upgradable. Unfortunately, I have to get rid of mine, but I preordered the 5T, so its not all bad.

I haven't even started any of my nitros since I got my 5b. They have more power than any stock RC vehicle that I've owned. Like it was mentioned above, once you go large, you'll never go back to nitro.....

Back