How's the weather been?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we got lawn not long after we got electricity in Australia. About a month ago. 🤣
I have watched a lot of tv shows that were filmed in Australia. Like Gold Rush - Parker's Trail. Never saw many lawns though. It reminds me of Colorado Springs. The only people that had grass in their yards were obviously people that planted it and watered it daily. After being there for a week and coming home, I was amazed to see trees with leaves and green grass.

Colorado
95cdb1f3e4a4ca2d015965f5a823d333-cc_ft_1536.jpg

Indiana
IN.gov_.jpg

It gets really pretty here in the fall.
19702094_10154542298876244_3524659500575012905_n.jpg

I have watched a lot of tv shows that were filmed in Australia. Like Gold Rush - Parker's Trail. Never saw many lawns though. It reminds me of Colorado Springs. The only people that had grass in their yards were obviously people that planted it and watered it daily. After being there for a week and coming home, I was amazed to see trees with leaves and green grass.

Colorado
View attachment 183800

Indiana
View attachment 183801

It gets really pretty here in the fall.
View attachment 183802
Nah. I'd say about 95% of households have a lawn of some sort over here. Most Aussies are proud lawn keepers.

I was so happy to get rid of mine. 🤣
Yeah my neighbour did too. I see more people are going to artificial lawns, concrete etc. Yes it's less maintenance and upkeep costs but I'm just not into fake lawns. Same with fake plants. Why even bother.

But I'm bit of a green thumb.
1000005535.jpg

1000005532.jpg

1000005534.jpg

We got like a foot of snow over the past 2 days. This stuff was heavy, the first mouthful of snow broke the belt on my snow blower. I spent hours driving around town trying to find one that fits. The manufacturer calls out for a belt and I found the equivalent but it seemed way too tight. The auger was running on its own, it was too tight that the brake wouldn’t engage. I went longer with the belt but those didn’t work out either. I suppose I will order what the manufacturer recommends and just let the machine idle and stretch out the belt.
We resorted to using old fashioned muscle to clear the driveway.

Yeah my neighbour did too. I see more people are going to artificial lawns, concrete etc. Yes it's less maintenance and upkeep costs but I'm just not into fake lawns. Same with fake plants. Why even bother.

View attachment 183805
View attachment 183806
View attachment 183807

We took out the lawn and put in drought tolerant landscaping. Some really nice plants, bark and river rock.
We get lots of bees, humming birds, butterflies etc. now.

After having seven years of drought and the water nazis cracking down on when and how long you could water, it just made sense.

We took out the lawn and put in drought tolerant landscaping. Some really nice plants, bark and river rock.
We get lots of bees, humming birds, butterflies etc. now.

After having seven years of drought and the water nazis cracking down on when and how long you could water, it just made sense.
That sounds good and makes sense in that situation. I have a mixture of native and non-native plants.

I need my green. I couldn't live happily in South Cal or the Southwest US.

I need my green. I couldn't live happily in South Cal or the Southwest US.
Couldn't say it better my friend. 🤣🤣

On a serious note back in 2010 I wanted to imports a reel mower from down under.

View attachment 183805
View attachment 183806
View attachment 183807
Same here. And an FYI. Those fake lawns will burn you in the summer heat, they need cleaned to not have bacteria and odor, and my favorite... . You breath in the toxic plastic. Besides mowing keeps me sane.

Couldn't say it better my friend. 🤣🤣

On a serious note back in 2010 I wanted to imports a reel mower from down under.

Same here. And an FYI. Those fake lawns will burn you in the summer heat, they need cleaned to not have bacteria and odor, and my favorite... . You breath in the toxic plastic. Besides mowing keeps me sane.
Mowing to me is a job. I don't really enjoy it but the satisfaction of a nice, perfect cut lawn makes it worth it.

You know it's funny. I came home from work once and my 13yo son had mowed the lawn. Even though I attempted to show him gratitude, in reality I was annoyed. I felt like he had stolen my manhood. Robbed me of something. I had to question myself, why I felt that way. Guess I had been doing it myself for so long, it had become part of my routine. 🤷‍♂️🤣 Is that an old man thing? 🤔

Last edited:
Mowing to me is a job. I don't really enjoy it but the satisfaction of a nice, perfect cut lawn makes it worth it.

You know it's funny. I came home from work once and my 13yo son had mowed the lawn. Even though I attempted to show him gratitude, in reality I was annoyed. I felt like he had stolen my manhood. Robbed of something. I had to question myself, why I felt that way. Guess I had been doing it myself for so long, it had become part of my routine. 🤷‍♂️🤣 Is that an old man thing? 🤔
I know the feeling. Sometimes I can mow no issues, other times it wears me down. And this is a push mower, no drive. Been cutting grass since I was 10. Been by myself, with friends, and on a few crews.

Years ago my sister mowed it once. Deck was too low and uneven. A little while later when I hurt my back my dad had to mow the yard. He missed alot that messed with my ocd.

Back