house protection

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
need house protection. .410?, 12 gauge? 20 gauge? not a pistol can't hit a barn. course iam looking to hit a bad guy. LOL LOL

Some of the Academy stores are carrying a short-barreled 12-Gauge for around $200.

Mossberg 500 shotgun in 12ga and call it a day. :D

.410's are pretty sweet in my opinion. I never would have wanted one but my dad can't shoot his 12ga due to a bad shoulder so he got one a couple years back, to carry while at work and it has become his favorite gun. Would stop a bad guy for sure!

Remington 870. 12ga with federal flight control 00 buck.

+1 for the Mossberg 500

mossberg-500_zpsd12ea42c.jpg

I've seen too many mossbergs fail over the years. The 870 is on elf the most well made and reliable pump shotgun platforms ever created.

Winchester 1300 Defender, OOO Buck, and a pistol grip stock.
Holds 8 shells with one in the pipe.
Or an 870 will do if you can't find a Defender in good shape at a decent price.
Or if you prefer an auto loader the Reminton 1100 Tactical.

Winchester 1300 Defender, OOO Buck, and a pistol grip stock.
Holds 8 shells with one in the pipe.
Or an 870 will do if you can't find a Defender in good shape at a decent price.
Or if you prefer an auto loader the Reminton 1100 Tactical.
thanks guys. i think next week ill get something. maybe a 12 gauge. i have a friend that can help me. iam hoping a shot gun is not to much diff than rifle, cleaning ect. but i think iam still a little depressed about david. i am finding it hard to do things, just can't get moving.

They're similar enough that after a few trips to the range you shouldn't have any problems.

They're similar enough that after a few trips to the range you shouldn't have any problems.
i just hope i can not do what i all ways do..... feel like i have to mod every thing i have. i do know iam NOT a gun smith.

Shot gun cleaning is easy, it will just take some practice shooting it, but they easy enough to get used to.

I know a lot of people who like having the 12 gauge around. I keep the 9mil Beretta handy, it is ambidextrous and the safety kicks out the alignment of the hammer pin so it is fool proof, good for dealing with issues when your half asleep!

Another tip for make shift alarm traps is aluminum cans and fishing string. Tie up a bundle, put in some pebbles and cover it, hook a trip line to it and dun!

We have 'moo moo cows' too LOL, they moo when someone walks buy, and we use a drive way alarm you can get cheap wireless motion censored. Then there are game cameras which are great for monitoring your drive way...

If you get some web cameras and a computer running Linux you can install "zoneminder" which will get the webcameras to act like CCTV cameras, then you can set up motion detection, snap shots, and can load your feed onto a http link and view it while your away. I did this for a while too by finding old web cams at the thrift shops!! Works mint!

Last edited:
Back