Hop-Up Parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxmedic

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey Gang, I'm waiting the arrival of my recently ordered GPM Aluminum Bulkheads for my T-Maxx 3.3, and I was wondering if anyone has used them before and if their good parts. On a side note, I have a set of RPM A-Arms on my Maxx, and I noticed that they seem to fit tight in the bulkhead where the pin secures them to the bulkhead causing the suspension to not fully rebound. Has anyone else had this issue, and what can I do to aliviate this issue?

GPM is tpically a good product and you should be happy with the performance of em. I have the RPM arms and didnt have the same issue with mine. You should be able to slightly ream out the hole for the pin to give you some more flexing but if your binding up than I think you might have a bigger problem going on there. Everything I've typically bought from RPM has been a drop in replacement and needed no modifications.

When I got my RPM arms I had the same problem, you can ream them out like PHINS FAN said but be very careful not to over do it, the last thing you want is to over ream and end up with slop. What I did is found a drill bit the same size as the pin and ran it through the arms by HAND, the other issue I had is the arms were binding on the sides were they meet the bulkhead I took a razor blade and slightly shaved the arms but again be very careful, if you take to much off your caster setting will be affected. And remember,over time the arms will get loose so only ream to the point that they fit and no more than that.

Check and make sure the pins are not bent, roll them on a flat surface, even the slightest bend could cause binding. If they are good I'd just ream the hole out as stated before.

I'll try the pins first since I'm getting new ones with the Bulkhead Kit.. It seemed like it was tight going into the slots that are cut out in the bulkheads where the a-arms sit.. Thanks for the advise, I'll keep y'all posted

maybe u could just take a dremil and take just a little bit off of the a arm so it does not bind. I have not had this problem with mine either but maybe the mold was a little whacked or something..

I had this problem with mine and it sure made it feel like it stiffened up the front suspension a bit. I haven't done anything to fix it yet so keep us posted on what u do.

I would keep the dremmel away from it.even with a delicate touch its too easy to over do it. Learned that lesson the hard way too. If your pins are straight which I doubt they are, try some wd40 and spend some time flexing the suspension.

Ok, I installed the new GPM Bulkheads, and they look amazing. The problem with the binding in my A-Arms has gone away. I personally didn't like the phillips head screws that came with the a-arms, so I reinstalled the black hex screws that came with my T-Maxx. I have to take her semi- apart tomorrow when I come home from work to put loctite on the screws. Otherwise i'm happy with them.

Back