Hey All, Newbie here - Question inside!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Earth

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey people,

I'm a Newbie to R/C. Just wanted to introduce myself. I haven't got my Savage yet, but I plan on getting it next week. When I first started getting into Nitro, everyone pointed me towards the new T-Maxx, but after researching the forums available for it, I heard the name HPI Savage thrown around. So, after researching the Savage, I decided to go with it instead!

Also, how many Savage owners have opted to go with a reverse module? I have heard talk that with the module installed, the savage jerks a lot, because it is between gears. Is this a valid gripe?

Thanks people!
Chris

Welcome to the Sport!

Dont get the reverse module unless you ABSOLUTELY have to have it. It will hit your performance.

Let us know when you get it!

There are a couple mods you will want to do off the bat!

Again, welcome to the Sport as well as the site!

Enjoy

reverse module

i have the reverse module in my truck and it hasnt given me any problems at all. its a pain to install at first but after that its all good.

I agree with Christian, don't get the module right away, run the truck and see if you need it. interestingly one of the more popular mods for a tmaxx is a forward only conversion, where people actually take reverse out of their truck. It improves performance and a lot of people find they don't need the reverse.

Ya thats true. But its hard to decide they both have there advantages and they both have there disadvantages

Yeah I am of the mindset that reverse is for girls, nikkos, and electrics. Nitro is about driving over crap not pulling up stoping and backing up... X

Hey people,

Thanks for the feedback, Ill wait on the reverse module then. Wouldn't want to make the wrong impression in the Nitro camp by coming across as an electric runner!

Chris

Last edited:
You already have come across as being a Radio Shack hobbiest for even thinking about reverse in a fine machine like the Savage! :trout:

I think I'll go back to :music: and just ignore ol' Savage Earth for a while LOL

Just joking C, have a good day off, even if you do have to work (which sux)

haha

Salsa,

Hey, us newbies are prone to mistakes! Apologies all over the floor! I will try and redeem myself by shunning the thought of a reverse module from now on!

As far as work, I have put off the thought of it for today and decided to stick around the house.

Chris

I think Savage earth realized this is the real Savage forum atleast with savage attitudes. ..
x

Originally posted by x_789
I think Savage earth realized this is the real Savage forum atleast with savage attitudes. ..
x

Not to mention the fact that I work with him. Hey, it's my job to harrass him hehehe.

I agree, I had thought I would have needed reverse when I got my Savage. But I was soon to realize that I am always going forward and really fast.

SB21 :smoke:

Back