help my grub screw drive pins keep snapping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion 26

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi i have a savage 25 that recently put a team orion 26 wasp engine in. i must say wow what a beast. The problem is that after 10-15mins of running the grub screw drive pin snapped on the rear output of the gearbox and i was wondering if there is a mod to sort this or even a way to put the m5 grub screws that holds the drive cup to the diff bevel gear on the gearbox disc brake side as this is currently a m4. Any ideas would b great.

Hmm

Never had that problem.
Checked your driveline for any rough spots?
Your diffs for example..

Is this happening after the truck makes contact with the ground after being airborn?

there doesn't seem to be any rough spots and everything seems to turn smooth. I dont think its the diff as i put a new one with a alloy casing in it from the savage x after the spyder gear broke and went though the plastic casing. And i wasn't jumping it at the time as i was starting to lean the carb as its running way to rich on the factory settings. Or is it possible that its just worn thin and broke as this was still the original that came with the kit with has been well bashed since i bought it 06

I broke one also. Really tripped me out. My transmission was binding for some reason. If I set on the ground a pushed it, it would roll a short distance and the would be a popping sound. Took me a little while to figure out what was causing the pop. I switched trannys and no more binding. That was the only time I broke one. Sounds to me like yours might have been damaged when your spider gear pooped on you.

cool so its not really a problem then as i was thinking it was cause of the new motor. Ill just replace it then and forget about it. Cheers for your thoughts guys

Back