Hard clay with light dirt on top

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't laugh, but I have used Pro-Line Dirty Harrys on that type of surface. Track gets watered, but by the time the Buggy A-main starts, it is soft on top and hard underneath and they work suprisingly well. I use CFs during heats, though.

So what did u go with and did they work? I am now hooked on Medial Pro Vegas the work great if they are on the right wat!

I was letting a friend's son try out my Crime Fighters last Sunday, so I ran my Knuckles XTR. My mind has been change about Knuckles. The drift better than the CF's I usually run.

The general rule of thumb is "soft surface = hard tire", "hard surface = soft tire". Your surface is a bit challenging. Sounds like you need something to get through that top loose layer and to bite on the harder, packed surface below. I'm with many of the guys in here, the Crime Fighters have served me well and not just on surfaces they were designed for. They seem to work on just about any surface. The track I run on is similiar to yours except I have a thin layer of fine sand covering a hard packed surface. The CF's hook up good, drift well in the corners. Anyone tried the new Badlands or are they not available yet ?

Originally posted by Hypedonrc
I think they spray ours the night before. It's inside a barn
man, that sounds like a blast. in a barn. covered from weather, but plenty of ventilation, i would guess. we should all be so lucky.

I run cut Panther Chameleons and Panther KD2s on surfaces a bit softer than what you are describing. they both hook up very well in the TX red dirt.

good luck

wiita

Back