Guess I am special

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
PXL_20240126_012106716.MP.jpg
PXL_20240126_012101842.MP.jpg

Hey @DavidB1126 drag your uncle over to 997racing they have an indoor carpet off road track too!
I was wanting to go to the Factory in York PA on one Saturday, but he hasn't fixed up his car. And their racing season ends mid march, since their building does not have AC and most of the racers there go outdoor in the summer.
Ill be glad to go up to 997. But its double the time drive (another hour from where we live) and he really doesn't have the money. I might see if he wants to go to the Factory and/or 997 when my buddies are going to be there. But most likely won't happen this time. Most likely might happen next November/December 2024

Like I was saying in my reddit reply, he really doesn't have the motivation and money to do so. And his buddies got out of RC with him a long time ago aswell. Only 2 to 3 main buddies he knows are still into racing.
His car is still broke from when we went down to Beach RC back in August. Sitting there in the pit bag, leaking shock oil. Maybe he won't fix it because I have his shock tools. Oops. 🤣

Last edited:
I was wanting to go to the Factory in York PA on one Saturday, but he hasn't fixed up his car. And their racing season ends mid march, since their building does not have AC and most of the racers there go outdoor in the summer.
Ill be glad to go up to 997. But its double the time drive (another hour from where we live) and he really doesn't have the money. I might see if he wants to go to the Factory and/or 997 when my buddies are going to be there. But most likely won't happen this time. Most likely might happen next November/December 2024
2 hours to 997 for you... that is rough... yeah you're coming from Baltimore area... I used to live around there... long time ago... I feel the same about the 2 hour drive a buddy keeps wanting me to go to The Factory with him... I should one of these days. Fixing cars and paying for gas to travel to tracks gets expensive! Having to wait until Nov/Dec? That's a long wait!!!

Fixing cars and paying for gas to travel to tracks gets expensive!
And race fees too. 20 to 25 bucks here and there gets upthere!
At the local track, which only survived 9 months, RC Underground, the owner really didn't enforce track/race fees so thats one thing. I paid almost everytime I went to race to try to help them out as it was only the locals that were coming out to race, which was 8 to 10 drivers. The main racers that went every night, rarely did they pay. Could be wrong, but seemed like it.

Myself and my dad might get up to 997 during the summer sometime. But mostly during the summer ill be going to the track in gaithersburg. I only go down there now as 1, RC Underground closed up, 2, dad knows the area as he grew up there, 3, I know places to eat, 4 can get with family and friends if needed, 5, I know the owner and racers personally. Last week of march, for spring break, going down to Myrtle Beach. Gonna bring my cars and go to Beach RC again. Did it last August with my uncle, but he isn't coming with us this time.

Not to mention, he runs a older XB4 from Xray.
Xray parts are definitely NOT cheap!

Last edited:
Wait a minute. He said "I can't wait to get it out", then you replied "Don't get out of it". So your whole reply was based on you misreading his post? Now listen here young man... No more forums while you are in your English class, or whatever they are calling it these days 😅

Oh, and yes you are special. You're a very well mannered and intelligent young man, most days. Now get back to your studies and quit reading the forums! 🧐

Last edited:
Back