GS Storm Avenger MK II, Eye Candy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadrash13

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey you GS lovers & even some of you GS nay sayers, check out these detailed pics of the new buggy!

Personaly I think GS has stepped up to the plate with this one, looks like Kyosho & Mugen might have a real competitor on there hands here! This one appears to be a real competition race buggy!

Link: http://www.modelcar.pt/GSNews.htm

Steve

That looks great. I wonder what the retail price will be. Looks like they did their homework on this one.

Any clue to the release date?

Yeah I'd love to know the price and relese date too, anyone know? Is it to be released in the US before Europe?

It looks really nice. I bet they'll make a lot of GS fans from this one.

I bet it's going to be a bit expensive!

The site says that it would be available the second week of February, but aparently in Europe.

Nice looking buggy, ugly body though..

Well I'm in Uk and keen to get one. No word here yet.

I'm guessing $620. Just for the buggy....anyone else wanna take a crack just for kicks?

They are offically releasing it in March in Holland at the indoor World's Warn Up. I am sure you will se it in hobby shops shortly there after.

Originally posted by boricuanitro
Nice looking buggy, ugly body though..
While the body is not your run of the mill buggy bodies it has style. Definately unique. I like the originality of it.

Reply to all,

I've heard they were shooting for release in the US late Feb. & the price will be $449.99 to $549.99 as they did not know at the time of inquiry the amount of hopups they would include with the kit.

If anyone is seriously interested & wants personal updates, please email me with your name & email address & I'll ad you to my ever growing list.

Contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks, Steve

I am not arguing with you but I know a guy in So Cal that works at GS and he has told me the first offical race for this buggy is the World's Warm up in Holland in March and will not be released to the public before that, so if you can get your hands on one you are very lucky. Time will tell all here I guess.

Originally posted by Roadrash13
This one appears to be a real competition race buggy!

I'm just curious though, does this imply that the Storm Pro isn't a real competition race buggy?

Re: Re: GS Storm Avenger MK II, Eye Candy!

Originally posted by cbreaker

I'm just curious though, does this imply that the Storm Pro isn't a real competition race buggy?

No not at all, I'm saying that GS is now stepping up with inovative ideas & not a run of the mill buggy! The Storm Pro is still a hard deal to beat with all the hopups that come with the kit!

The Storm Pro along several with other buggies, has become a "dated" buggy simply because of all the new models! Can you still win races with it YOU BET!! Everyones opinion differs when it comes to race machines & thats all there is to it period...

Driving styles, car ajustments, engine choises... everything comes into play here! So you need to choose what makes you happy & keeps you in the sport & that makes all of us happy!

If everyone drove Kyosho's (no offence anyone) that wouldn't be any fun at all!

Steve

That thing is gonna be sweet. I want one maybe i will bribe my dad and mom to get me one.

Originally posted by HumboldtBlazer
I am not arguing with you but I know a guy in So Cal that works at GS and he has told me the first offical race for this buggy is the World's Warm up in Holland in March and will not be released to the public before that, so if you can get your hands on one you are very lucky. Time will tell all here I guess.

Just got back from Tacoma R/C Raceway last night, talking with Kyosho's Team Manager, he said he just raced against the new Storm Avenger two wks. ago. So there must be at least one out there running some races.

As for the release date, you never know when things get held up for one reason or another or if they just deside to wait on on releasing the darn thing!

This same subject came up about the K3's not being available in the US. Kyosho's Team Manager said some people were able to get the K3 8mo. ago & I'm the Team Manager & I couldn't get one! I don't know where they were getting them but they were in fact K3's & they were here in the US back then & the K' Team were still running K2's! Hmmmmm Who knows....

Steve

Originally posted by Roadrash13

Just got back from Tacoma R/C Raceway last night, talking with Kyosho's Team Manager, he said he just raced against the new Storm Avenger two wks. ago. So there must be at least one out there running some races.

As for the release date, you never know when things get held up for one reason or another or if they just deside to wait on on releasing the darn thing!

This same subject came up about the K3's not being available in the US. Kyosho's Team Manager said some people were able to get the K3 8mo. ago & I'm the Team Manager & I couldn't get one! I don't know where they were getting them but they were in fact K3's & they were here in the US back then & the K' Team were still running K2's! Hmmmmm Who knows....

Steve

They may still be testing the avenger up against some of the other big name buggys. Also, does anyone know if the avenger will be compatible with the storm?

Holy poop that is one UGLY ASS body :LoL: Sorta makes me feel sad that it's going to replace the storms body.

Ditto to what SilentGTboy wrote... that thing is hideous. Thankfully it looks as if it has something under the hood to compensate.