GS Press Release, It's out!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
"9-15-04 :: Avenger Pro Press Release

Here it is, the latest press release concerning the highly anticipated Avenger.

Introducing GS Racing’s all new Avenger Pro. The newest addition to the GS Racing buggy line is designed from the ground up and packed with some hard-core features to give you the competitive edge. The Avenger Pro comes standard with a hard-coated aluminum chassis, shock towers and shock bodies for enhanced durability. A lay-down steering servo and three low rotating mass gear diffs gives the Avenger a lower center of gravity by 25% more than that of the GS Storm series making for a better handling and quicker accelerating buggy. The Avenger incorporates a pillow-ball front-end with captured hinge pins in both the front and rear suspension ensuring dependability. Milled aluminum chassis braces minimize chassis flex while heatsink engine mounts helps keep the engine cool during hard running. The Avenger Pro comes with a fully adjustable suspension geometry as well as front and rear sway bars to keep all the power on the ground. The Avenger Pro has what it takes to get to the head of the pack and stay there.
Part #: GS-3000: Suggested Sale Price: $509.99 "

Source: http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/page.asp?pg=news&id=52

Kit Details: http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/page.asp?pg=products&catid=57&fatherid=57&rootid=0&id=503

Man get the drake or keep savaing for that and sell the savage? Decisions dicesions. I love gs.

Oh boy,,,,how can i tell the wife i want one of those???

WIth the release of the Avenger does this Storm will be discontinued? I also see an Avenger RTR on the GS wesite. In addition, and I know this maybe the worng forum, but does this also mean the SUT will be discontinued for a SUT2 based on the Avenger?

Darn it!!!! Just when I thought my next vehicle was choosen, things change....

And I just got My Storm a couple weeks ago,think they will start selling the gen1 Storm at a reduced cost? Looks nice,but @$500,my be a little high for the PRO?

psunitro said:
And I just got My Storm a couple weeks ago,think they will start selling the gen1 Storm at a reduced cost? Looks nice,but @$500,my be a little high for the PRO?

Maybe the Pro series - take a look out there on GS at the Car Kits - they have like 5 versions of the Storm RTR that will be released at the same time the Avenger is - Fall 2004. Interesting......so they dump the Pro line and go with the Avenger as the Pro series of their buggies, huh? We will just have to see what happens!

PD2 :cool:

Awwwwww, no black market nasa metals.....darn.

Anyway, I want to see what all the avenger rtr has since I won't be able to afford a kit like the pro.

cvec7 said:
Awwwwww, no black market nasa metals.....darn.

Anyway, I want to see what all the avenger rtr has since I won't be able to afford a kit like the pro.

Nope of course not, don't be silly............The FBI got to them. :smoke:

hmm, how to save up $500 on a caddy's salary to buy this new car......hmm........any ideas please tell me

RiceLaxer06 said:
hmm, how to save up $500 on a caddy's salary to buy this new car......hmm........any ideas please tell me

You may have to wash a few more balls..... lol

i think this and the storm will share the same type of relationship the lightning and lightning rr2 share. lightning is for the poor folk, while the rr2 is for the rich.

looks like a nice buggy though

Yeah, supposedly the Avenger Pro has all the hop ups and mods that make it equivalent to say a kit form of the Mugen MBX-5. Would make sense since they are priced about the same, except you get RTR with the GS! NICE!!!!!!!!

PD2:cool:

wow its rtr, i thought it was just a kit. what all u get in the 500$kit??

i got my hands on one yesterday. very nice indeed. the buggy seemed pretty stout but a rep/driver from xray had me sold on the xb8 just an hour before i picked up the avenger for a quick peek. for anyone who is a hardcore gs fan- yer gonna love the avenger! if it is half as strong as it looks; its gonna hold up quite nicely and I'm sure if its like the storm pro it will handle just as good or better.