GS or XTM?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakai3

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been back and forth between all types of nitro, and I finally decided that I want a buggy, especially after running one myself.

Anywho, I'm between the XTM X-T Deluxe, or the GS Racing Storm RTR. Granted once I get them, since they're RTR, I'll take them apart a few times, and loc-tite every metal-metal connection. But, which to get? I know the only problem with the xtm is the rear diff case breakage, and and a plus for the xtm is, I can get parts within a few minutes. I'm not sure how good the GS is, I know that a few here have them, and really like them, only thing it doesn't have is a 2.6 horse engine, like the XTM.

And to help you help me, I don't plan on racing until I getmy own house, and have one or two kids. I'm 17 now, and just want to enjoy it!

Thanks in advance!! :smoke: :cheers: :cheers:

The first thing you might want to look into is which buggy your LHS has a good inventory of parts for. If they lean one way or the other, you might want to choose the one they support the best. If they don't support either, then it is up to you and how you want to replace broken bits when you do break them.

I have seen both the GS Storm and the XTM in action. Both are solid buggies for bashing and racing (if set up for it).

The GS is a better buggy imo, Sky makes some great points like what is your LHS supplying parts for? If you plan to race it later at the club level you might get away with the 24.7 but not everywhere. The stock GS engine is a great sport engine with plenty of power to learn on a jump the snot out of it. It is gettting kind of hard to find parts for the GS though and I am really wondering what the hell is up with said company.

Yea, GS was just recently like had new managment or something like that happned. Anyway, if your lhs sells parts for one, then get the one they carry parts for. If they carry parts for both or none, I'd get the GS Storm.

my vote is for the x-terminator. the quality of it is topnotch, and there is no other company out there in my experiance with the customer service that xtm has. the engine in it the best i have used so far, lots of power and easy to tune. i have the deluxe, and its durability is unmatched. i've bashed with people with different buggies, and usually mine is one of the last ones standing.

parts avialibility for the xtm is only thru hobby people, while you can get GS parts at most hobby stores. that being said, i own a GS storm pro and an xtm xterminator deluxe. the GS storm out handles xtm, but the xtm is much more durable. for me that fact alone being jsut a basher i would go for the xtm. on top of that the xtm's deluxe 24.7 with the big coolng head is an excellent engine for RTR. although the storm does come with a nice radio....

GS had problems with their plastic machine. The problem has been repaired and they're shipping lots of parts. So, the plastic won't be hard to get in the near future. It would be quicker but they're likely generating a lot of Avenger parts at the same time.

Some of the other parts, like hopups, can still be tricky to find but not impossible.

i just put in a big order at rc-nation.com. Its awesome for gs storm parts and options. I have owned a storm rtr for almost a year now, and it is still running awesome. If u dont have a hobby shop near you, get the storm.

I definitely liked the radio on the GS, I could use it with my micro also, which would be very nice, but, I know I'll break somthing, I always find a way, so I'm gonna go with XTM.

Thanks for all the input!!

The Portuguese distributor told me that the Avenger was cancelled, Lachat is working in a new car to present at the end of the year so i din't think that the problem with the plastics had anything to do with the Avenger.

i would say to go for the storm... great buggy and race ready when the engine is tuned right. and did i mention it's race legal too

I still think they're going to make it, because they just published some info in R/C car action magazine, on page 88, it's not much, but I think they'll go along with it.

Oh, and about the race ready stuff? I really don't care right now, that's years down the road, when I have a house and stuff. I only really have time for bashing right now, and usually competition ruins the hobby for me, I just like to have fun, which is the point of R/C right? I know racing is fun, but who likes to lose? lol.

Oh, and uh,

FIRST PAGE OWNAGE!!! :boxing: :boxing: :spit:

Been waitin to do that for a while though, needed to get it out of my system!

Last edited:
oh.... i see? nah... racing is soo fun because where else can you find a place that is made specifically for r/c? I mean, i was in r/c for over 6 years before i started racing, and i wish i started racing as soon as i started r/c! I've never won, but i still have a blast racing.

I'd like to get one first, have some fun w/ friends, Andy's gonna get one too, so....we'll be bashing together with the other guy we met, sooo....No "racing" right now, just goofin around, learnin how to tune and drive well, then when we find a raceway around central pennsylvania, we'll think about racing!

Thanks for all the kind suggestions, but we're going to get X-Terminator Deluxes, our lhs has a whole wall of hop-ups and replacement parts, (not that you hop-up the deluxe much, but we will break stuff. I know it.)

again, many, many thanks, I'll get some pics up when I get it!! might not be for a few weeks, need to fix the full size car first, sometimes it's a pain in the ass.

Cool. Gotta wait about a month though so.....

I've waited for halo since last july, and that's not until november ninth, so I've learned much patience.....

w00t w00t!! 108 days, or 2592 hours, or 155520 minutes, or 9331200 seconds...to go! w00t!! lol.