ground clearance?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrow

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what is the average ground clearance on these 1/8 buggies.
they dont look to impressive
what the roughest stuff it can handle?

Most buggies are a couple of inches off the ground. Dont look to impressive? I suggest that you take a trip to TriLordy Videos go into their video section and download the video "MiM." They do things with buggies that I've never seen a MT do. MT's are known for the ability to jump high and land hard because of ground clearance. Buggies are lower so people thank they would break easier butt hats not true, buggies are as tough as nails.

LOL - "...couple of inches..." on an MT maybe. At most, a buggies ground clearance is about an inch to two inches (I know two is a couple, but the way it was said made it seem huge). At any rate, buggies are low to the ground, but can handle quite a pounding. The only thing that slows them down are not too gradual approaches to very vertical ground. In other words, don't expect to climb curbs with a buggy unless you give it a ramp.

Originally posted by Waste Land
Most buggies are a couple of inches off the ground. Dont look to impressive? I suggest that you take a trip to TriLordy Videos go into their video section and download the video "MiM." They do things with buggies that I've never seen a MT do. MT's are known for the ability to jump high and land hard because of ground clearance. Buggies are lower so people thank they would break easier butt hats not true, buggies are as tough as nails.

Trilordy...

Error

Sorry, you have reached either a non-existent site or the site has been suspended (or deactivated) due to Disk Space Violation / Exceeded.

Site Owner: Please refer to this help page for information.

Bah!

That blows. They had some awesome videos. Talk about some harcore bashers. Those guys would do some seriously crazy stuff with their cars, trucks, and buggies. Too bad, they probably hosted one video too many.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
That blows. They had some awesome videos. Talk about some harcore bashers. Those guys would do some seriously crazy stuff with their cars, trucks, and buggies. Too bad, they probably hosted one video too many.

Do you know of any other real good video sites? High speed ones? I've leeched all of OFNA, and bout everything off this site's links, but I'm runnin dry on footage.

My son loves to sit and watch the buggy vid's, so I 'd like to get some new ones :)

That one was like the mother load of crash 'em, bash 'em videos. I can not say that I know of any major sites with tons of videos.

You might try Frequency RC Their new site is not as easy to surf as their old lay out, but they have some videos. Mostly MTs and onroads, but they are videos.

I still have alot of their videos. Jumping buggies at WOT off of MotoX ramps to flat grounds. Savage's off roof tops, they just plain out didnt give poop. DEEP pcokets have they

i think he was originally asking about the type fo terrain they can run on not necessarily how much abuse buggies can take... but i may be wrong.

I have found that buggies do not perform well at all on very rough terrain. For example, in the tracks left in the dirt by a bulldozer my buggy ran like absolute crap. It spent most of the time with its wheels in the air and bounced around ALOT. I put the HUGE tires you see in my sig on and it evened out the terrain problems but it killed the performance. IMO Buggies are designed to run on tracks.... MTs are designed to run everywhere else.

Well, the wheels certainly aren't as big on a buggy. And yea, they are closer to the ground.

They perform exceptionally well on tracks, but they also can perform great on a wide variety of terrain. Just keep in mind that the wheels aren't as big..

It's a different type of vehicle. You like it or you don't. I don't consider them any "better" or "worse" then a monster truck type vehicle, but I do prefer buggies.

The thing about a buggy is they are usually are faster than monster trucks. With the right tires, they can go almost anywhere. I ran my storm in a mud pit last weekend with paddle tires, now that was fun. Although cleaning was a b*tch.