Greasing Bearings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mido

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Its that time of year, snows melting and I'm ready for another season. I took oeveyrthing off today, and i wanted to grease my bearings for the tires. I took off the tires, along with the hexes and pins but how do i get those bearings out? After taking them out, what would i use to grease?

Also, i have alot of screws that are all nasty, what should i dip them in to get em nice and clean?

i use trinity bearing oil on my bearings.

greased lightning cleans screws nicely. wear latex gloves if you are going to get it on your hands.

Use the RPM Bearing Blaster and motor spray to clean out the bearings first. Then you can use the oil on the bearings.

Anyone use WHITE LIGHTENING? i used it to grease my bike chains.. would that work? Also, how do i take the bearings out! Thats my main prob

Ok, i know theres 2 screws at the bottom and top, once i took that off, the front peice comes off, and the dogbone comes out. Then i see that bearing inside, but it does not come out, is it suppost to or am i just suppost to grease it while its in.

Well on the Savage it's actually 2 bearings, one on each side. No secret here, take off the axle that sits in the bearing, use a pair of long nose pliers or a screwdriver and CAREFULLY pry the bearing loose. Do this gently around the bearing and it will come off. The second one is easier, just take your long nose pliers, closed, and insert them in the bearing from the opposite side. Little push and it's off.

Oh and any grease will work on bearings...really as long as it's grease!

Oh, so its a 2 IN one? So i pull one out, and from toerh side pull the other?

Yes, every upright (that part you unscrewed from the axle) houses two bearings. If you're just cleaning up no need to remove the bearings. Just test them (rotate them with your finger) and if you feel it grinding, like there's sand in the bearing, then go ahead and change them. Otherwise just grease that thing up and screw it back on.

It's up to you really...I like to take it all apart personally, but it's not necessary if the bearings work well.

Back