Got my mid tank on.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got my tank mounted. I used the MGT tank, so I am going to have to move my servo to the inside. I heard something about dremeling part of the skid plate. Can anyone elaborate on it? I also bought FLM skid bars and motor plate. Thanks SMFStore!

1zzqko.jpg

x24ea9.jpg

2z4itkm.jpg

So close to getting it to run. I just need an engine (Most likely an STS), throttle linkages (Out of stock @ SMF in blue), and servo mounts to mount the servo. Thanks for viewing guys. Will let you guys know on more updates.

Looks pretty good Coby...Looks like it came a long way since u got it. Keep up the good work!

looks nice man!! remings me of kurts old savage..

DSC01852.jpg

Thanks guys. It'd look better with an engine :hehe: .

a standard servo won't work with the tank like that. You need to use spacers between the tank and servo plate to give you enough room to mount a servo.

The front spacer is an oddball in this pic but i later changed it out to match the rears. This is how mine was.
DSC02066.gif

Wrench man, that's the way to do it!

I was going to mount it the way you mounted it flm_savage, but then I really didn't want the tank higher than it was now. I already placed an order on the FLM servo mounts to mount it on the sides of the TVP like Wrench Man.

Wrench man, did you have to do any shaving to the skid plate to get the servo on? I heard that you have to do that to mount the servo there, but your plate looks untouched and the servo floats right about it.

Last edited:
I like wrenchmans. I should hav e bought some more mounts.

Coby,

No shaving...It mounts right up with the FLM servo mounts. You will have to reverse your steering on your TX to do this but other than that, it was simple to do. If you need more pics, let me know.

It may depend on the servo and horn. They vary from brand to brand I've noticed.

Just a side note, I just removed my MGT tank from my savage. Seemed to have some air leaks throwing off my tune. I did a hack job and mounted it on the side in the stock location. Since I have 1" extended tvp's, I had the room. I replaced it with a 125cc OFNA tank and my horrible tune got much better. Hope you don't have similar issues after all that hard work. That mid-tank setup looks nice, but is a bit inconvenient for me.

I was definitely considering the Ofna tank mod, but I also wanted more protection. I know New Era also sells a tank cover, but I also really liked the positioning of the tank inside the TVP. I might switch to a different tank if I find it causes a real problem. I think the Hellfire tank will be my next bet.

Consider it sealed :D.

Can't wait to get it running. Just need the header springs, and stuff from SMF then it's up and running!

20gxw6v.png

5l5oic.png

Upgrades from last update:
Roll handle
Motorsavers filter (SAV100)
RPM box and Rush box
50,000wt Mugen oil
Ofna Switch

What kind of clutch nut is that? It looks backwards?
You'll enjoy that engine, if you got a good one.

i think it is.. way to far out to hold the clutch springs.

He left his paper inbetween the spur and CB too....hehe. Just giving you a hard time bud. You built a very nice clean Savage.

Back