Good quality hex nut driver set with thin walled hollow shafts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGETITAN

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hi can anyone point me towards good quality hex nut driver sets that are metric, have a relatively thin wall and a hollow shaft?

i used some amazon hex's. stripped so many screws.. still trying to get one out, got a 40 set of mip drivers. night and day difference. it feels so much m,ore secure when i put it in the screw than the other brands, i see why their so expensive. quality isnt cheap. but the cheap stuff has such little quality.

Klein Tools has some great ones.
There instances where nuts are in tight recessed places on some particular RCs...
Are you talking about wanting the exterior of socket being thin?

There instances where nuts are in tight recessed places on some particular RCs...
Yeah, you can get thin walled sockets and nut drivers to reach into pockets. Kinda like how some spark plugs require a thin walled socket to get to.

www.hausoftools.com has a lot of specialty tools.

Yes the thickness around the fastener, and if a hollow shaft - then have that shaft be as open as possible from where the hex drops off all the way to the handle.

Yeah, you can get thin walled sockets and nut drivers to reach into pockets. Kinda like how some spark plugs require a thin walled socket to get to.

www.hausoftools.com has a lot of specialty tools.
Thanks for the link, I will try that supplier I recognize some of the brands. As to MIP yes their stuff is good but they only have 2 drivers, that's it for metric.

Last edited:
As to MIP yes their stuff is good but they only have 2 drivers, that's it for metric.

Huh? They have 4mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 7mm, and 8mm. Maybe it's where you are looking that's not carrying them? They are switching to a Gen 2 version.