good price on a mammoth ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supernitro17

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want to get a mammoth and my lhs doesn't carry them, but screw it , while I'm at school i have to order everything anyway. so where can i get a good price on the mammoth ?

yeah i figured that would be about the best price i would find. thanks

Try e-bay

I'v got two mammoth's one for 300.00 and the other for 350.00 good truck's ,part's can be hard to find.

slinger. you have a hard time finding parts for your truck ? what parts break commonly ? will the breakage be a real pain in the nuts ? I've seen the video of the mammoth on xtms website, looks like it takes a beating

Here is what u need ten of (kiding)

had a prod with the one way sliping with the pullstart took it off 3 time's to clean and striped the backplate screw's that hold the pullstart on .some mam's need to have the diff's shemed, bent main gear plate twice once on a rear end jump landing and the front when i het the tree (other post)were the front&brace hook up. clutch shoe's ware fast,will try to post some more later going to outback for chow (love the mammoth anyway)

SEE THE TIP'S THREADhttp://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewforum.php?f=10

hmmm. ill have to think about this again i think. maybe . I'm really getting my next truck to be jumper

If you want a jumper and for that price hook yourself up with a savage or Monster GT. Both are built to take a beating out of the box. Plus parts are a lot more available for the savage.

new. i had a savage and had nothing but problems with it, from the brakes, to the tranny everything that could go wrong did. but of course , i did have one of the first savages out on the market, so maybe they fixxed it . it would be nice if they did, because my hobby shop has tons of sav and mgt parts... i would like to find out how the MGT handles and what is going on with them a little more because i like associated as a general comany. and the MGT seems a little easier to work on.

Hmmm, OH yeah hobbypeople has the mammoth on sale right now for like $369

DMCKIE .... WOW !!!!!!! that is disgusting. I'm out of the MGT now , but maybe not still into the savage yet.

That is a horrbile story. Honestly I have heard of long wait times with HPI's customer svc but I also understand that they take care of the problem the first time.

That may not be how T.A .is as a whole .but they sure need to watch what kind of people they have represent them.news tavels fast on the net,and stuff like that can impact peoples desisions,and the company.

I think you should go back with a savage...I still have the savage 21 (well, it's a 26 now) and it's still running strong/hard. If you have a radio already, get the SS kit...that way, you'll be sure that everything is put together correctly (your way)...many RTR trucks are taken out of the box and bashed with right away without being checked all over...you probably did check everything when you got your first savage but I'm pretty sure from what I've seen/heard HPI has fixed the problems from the previous models.

good luck :breakdown

yeah a bunch of my buddies all have savages now, and a few have the madforce too. it appears that hpi has fixxed many of the things that i had problems with. but i think i am still going to go with the mad force just because i have to drive by myself when I'm at school (mostly all the time) and the mad force is really fun even alone... I'm still debating on the savage though.

:coffee: just waking up. i went from a savage to a mammoth, and its ben difficult, but rewarding. i am having a tough time getting used to the speed and acceleration. in other words i keep hitting things hard. i have broke to lower a arms. the speed and handeling r amazing, i can't wait to get this thing on the track. the savage is a pure basher, tough as nails, but not set up for racing, and man what a pain to work on, and that is the only bad things you can say about it.

:thumbup: Just ordered the Mammoth from Hoppy People for $369.99. The sale ends tomorrow. :banana: I can't wait to put it to the test. I'll keep ya posted.

Back