Good 3s Brushless motor and esc for 1/14 scale Buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhogan2287

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
Ok yall so I bought a 1/14 scale Team Associated Reflex 14b not to long ago and its got a 2s brushless reedy system in it but I feel like it needs more power what would be a good system that would fit thats 3s?

20231109_031747.jpg

FB_IMG_1699605421760.jpg

It a 2s system i wanna go 3s
Right, but you said you wanted to go 3S because you wanted more power. I suggested playing with the gearing first because if you can get the performance you want out of it by changing gearing, it would save you money. If you just want to throw a 3S system in just because, then thats a different story. I was just going off of your original comment.

I would do what @Greywolf74 suggested. Experiment with gearing before going to 3s.

I don't have much experience with mini cars. I have a Losi Mini B. The aftermarket brushless combos like King Val and Surpass hobbies esc's and motors, pretty sure they can be 3s capable but only with the lower kv motors. I run a 35A esc and 6100kv motor. Lots of punch and power for me on 2s.

Mini Build

Yep, the Hobbywing 16BL30 is 2 and 3s, but only 3s on the 4500kv motor option.

Last edited:
should be able to run 3s on that, just need a 3s capable esc like the hobbywing or anything from amazon. For 3s just watch the esc and motor heat.
Yea i knew the motor could handle 3s i was like ol mg at a castle mamba monster micro esc and I'm wanting a motor thats better suited for 3s but i may just play with the gearing like others have recommended

Back