G'ma here...need help to shock grandson

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning,
I need help finding a better charger. Apparently it's called bashing what he does. He just does backyard, parking lots and those types of areas. His current charger is traxxas. Right now I've found the hota d6 or skyrc t200. Both under $100. Thoughts? The balance boards are separate, yes? How do I buy those?

Morning,
I need help finding a better charger. Apparently it's called bashing what he does. He just does backyard, parking lots and those types of areas. His current charger is traxxas. Right now I've found the hota d6 or skyrc t200. Both under $100. Thoughts? The balance boards are separate, yes? How do I buy those?
The Hota D6 Pro is the one you want. Not the regular D6. The D6 only runs on DC voltage. So you would need a power supply for it. And yhe D6 Pro is a lot more powerful than the T200 for about the same money.

For cables, you can buy them off Amazon. Just search for XT60 to Deans, or XT60 to Traxxas, or whatever connector you use. The Hota requires a FEMALE XT60. Your batteries will plug into a MALE connector. So if you use Deans...
4pcs Deans T-Plug Male to XT60 Female Connector Lead Adapter Cable 14awg 5cm for RC Lipo(BDHI-63) https://a.co/d/4TILbkr

I would also grab a couple 6s balance lead extensions. They help prevent the balance port on the charger from getting worn out. You just have to slightly modify them by removing the center tab so they accept any battery up to 6s like so...
20221109_060611.jpg

Then you just treat it like the balance port on the charger. Notice the 654321-
20221109_061848.jpg

You balance lead plugs in to the far right, so the negative wires lines up with the (-) symbol side.
20221109_062354.jpg

When using the balance lead extension, you simply line up the negative wires the same. So here is a 2s (3 wires).
20221109_061328.jpg

And here is a 3s (4 wires).
20221109_060649.jpg

After typing all this crap on my phone... I found these...🤣
4Pcs JST-XH Balance Cable 2-6S 3S Lipo Battery Balance Charger Extend Expansion Plug Leads Adapter Conversion Line for RC Vehicles Lipo Battery Charging https://a.co/d/gs5F7Hv

Holy crap. Those are nice. Why didn't anyone make those before now? Yeah. Just grab those lol

When we talked batteries in this thread, I'm gonna switch him over to XT90's.

I make all my own cables too. I kinda enjoy making them.
20221014_082908.jpg

The long ones with alligator clips are for use with the Hota D6 pro charger. It has a built-in power supply that you can use to power external components. It's powering this soldering exhaust fan I made. That's one nice feature the Hota has that most others don't. You can use it to power servo testers, and anything 30v or less.
20221031_101212.jpg

GridArt_20240422_080743198.jpg

I tried to quote but it kept including other quotes. So I did this. Anyway, I plan on doing this today. An update on items acquired: flysky radio, hota d6 pro, 10ga. wire extensions, balance leads, 2-3s 5000mah 100c graphene batteries, switching over to amass xt90 connectors (xt60 to charger).
Fingers crossed. Off to youtube to learn about the charger and batteries.

View attachment 188369
I tried to quote but it kept including other quotes. So I did this. Anyway, I plan on doing this today. An update on items acquired: flysky radio, hota d6 pro, 10ga. wire extensions, balance leads, 2-3s 5000mah 100c graphene batteries, switching over to amass xt90 connectors (xt60 to charger).
Fingers crossed. Off to youtube to learn about the charger and batteries.
Here. Let me find you a video to check out...

Joshua is well known in the FPV drone world, and he does great reviews and puts out some very useful info about chargers and stuff. Kinda weird guy, but he knows his stuff. He is a bit of an electronics guru. I'll just toss a few vids here for you to check out.

If you dig around in his channel, he probably has some really good battery charging tips and info.

Last edited: