Glow Ignitor only charged for 2 hours instead of 12??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomyknoker

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi all... I charged my glow ignitor using my charger that handles all my batteries... it basically stops when the unit is charged, so I charged the Glow Ignitor for the first charge and it's full after 2 hours but the manual says it needs to be charged for 12-14 hours on the first charge. Any ideas on what I could do?

You probably charged it at a higher amp rate then what the manufacturer was referring to. As long as the battery was warm, not hot, when it came off of the charger, you should be fine.

You probably charged it at a higher amp rate then what the manufacturer was referring to. As long as the battery was warm, not hot, when it came off of the charger, you should be fine.

I just don't understand what I am doing wrong... the glow ignitor is charged, I add the fuel to the car sit in on the starter pack push down with the glow ignitor... the first time I get 5-10 secs of idle and then can't restart the car after that... Any advice would be appreciated!

Ok guys... I think it's to do with the low-speed and high-speed adjustment... I tipped the car on the side and petrol poured out of the exhaust. Should I assume it's completely flooded?

I set the base carburetor settings to their factory default settings, this is achieved buy making the high-speed and low-speed needled 2.5 times out from bottoming out... and guess what the car started! However it revved out really high and then died, does it now mean the fuel is too lean?

Hi guys, because I'm clearly retarded... I posted a video of my exact process, it's a little dark but hopefully may trigger some ideas... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIZmWd6W7nQ"]YouTube - 8IGHT-T 2.0 RTR won't start![/ame]

Make sure the linkage is set right, or at least in the ball park. Look into the carb with the tx and rx on, but the engine off. There should be around a 1-1.5mm gap in the carb at idle. With the trigger squeezed, the carb should open all of the way. When you let off of the throttle, the carb barrel should return to the idle position. You should really be preheating the engine since it's new. What's the temp where your trying to start it?

i had a simalor problem make the hsn and lsn flush with top and then turn the hsn out a half turn and tell me and give it a bit more revs wen first start and leave glow plug on for a bit tell me if this helps ?

i had a simalor problem make the hsn and lsn flush with top and then turn the hsn out a half turn and tell me and give it a bit more revs wen first start and leave glow plug on for a bit tell me if this helps ?

Thanks sharpey93, I am posting in this thread if you're interested!

Back