getting the Novarossi P5 engine broken in is a PITA!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RustlerDood said:
Also the P5 started to pull wheelies........which was crazy and my pit man thought I was trying to show off and I told him "I am giving the same amount of throttle as before but the engine is finally starting to break-in."

Wow that must be a sick engine with the best gripping tires ever. Not to flame you dude, but I have never seen a buggy wheelie, and I'd have to guess that most guys here have not seen it either. Modded or not I think that is unlikely to say the least.

I'll just say I might believe it if I see it, but before that forget it!

Scottd said:
Do you have oil in your diffs? My buddy was breaking in his Sirio .27 in his PCR and he started pulling wheelies on pavement before he put oil in the diffs. Your track must have some good traction too..

I have 3k (front), 5k (Center), 3k (rear) oil in the diffs........tires were Chamelons but I switched to Komodo Dragon (Soft Compound) in the front & Komodo Dragon IIs (Soft Compound) in the rear.

The track I was on has a lot of traction........all the 1/10 the scale trucks can pull wheelies anywhere on the track on command without a problem.

I have seen a couple other buggies pull wheelies as well....the mills they were running are the RB C5 World Buggy mill.........

1/10 trucks can do wheelies anywhere.

Are you wheeling on flat track or is it comming up off a small bump or somthing?

vbgagnon said:
Wow that must be a sick engine with the best gripping tires ever. Not to flame you dude, but I have never seen a buggy wheelie, and I'd have to guess that most guys here have not seen it either. Modded or not I think that is unlikely to say the least.

I'll just say I might believe it if I see it, but before that forget it!

My pit man was the guy who mentioned the wheelies plus he kept asking me "Why do you let off the throttle so early down the straight," I reply "I have to let off or the car will traction roll or I will fly over the berm at the end of the straight...plus I do not need to go any faster as nobody can pull away from me anyway...in fact I am catching everyone on the straight gaining about .5 -1 full second a lap.......I don't need to go any faster to catch them." He said "You are right...no point in taking the extra risk if you are still catching everyone."

vbgagnon said:
1/10 trucks can do wheelies anywhere.

Are you wheeling on flat track or is it comming up off a small bump or somthing?

Small wheelies on the flat track and huge wheelies coming off a small bump...in fact I flipped over backwards entering the whoops section which has a small bump right before you hit the whoops.........

vbgagnon said:
If you say so...

I knew how much time I was gaining because my pitman is using a stopwatch and calling out the [lap] times.........

vbgagnon said:
I'll say it again....If you say so.

It is not a matter of "if you say so," I am referring to an event which I witnessed first hand......

I have never seen a P5 run but I do own a 1/8th scale buggy. They way buggies are designed with a low ride height, and a long wheel base, it would seem to be almost impossible to wheelie a buggy unless you had NO loss of traction at all and a lot of power. I run a Wasp .28 in my Inferno, and have never come close to doing a wheelie. Its because of their design, instead of pulling wheelies buggys tend to stay on the ground and accelerate very fast.

I would have to see a video of this buggy doing a wheelie to believe it.

it is my buggy and I am not here to prove anything............it does wheelies....just accept it or not...your beliefs have no affect on reality....you can blow wind out your pie hole all you want....it still does wheelies.

Sorry your buggies aren't that fast and/or have that much traction.

Good race engines are tight like you describe. I don't know how many starter boxes my Sirio killed.

I have yet to see a buggy ever wheelie. Take some video and post it as that is one kewl buggy and we want to see it perform!

I will try to get my pitman to get some video during the next race day..........I actually bought the buggy from a guy on this board used!!!!

RustlerDood said:
I will try to get my pitman to get some video during the next race day..........I actually bought the buggy from a guy on this board used!!!!

You are in Sac? Where do you race? Napa? Antioch? Paradise? Those are the two 1/8 tracks I know of even remotely close to Sac. Must be hard to get track time living so far away. It's to bad they won't let 1/8 buggies @ the indoor track downtown. I am sure a few Sac guys wouldn't mind meeting up to video this fierce buggy. Let us know.

I have formally raced buggy only twice @ Antioch......in fact I have only drive my Kanai III on two separate days..........however, I have raced 1/10 on-road (Trinity Reflex Team Only NT), RC10GT, Team B4, and T4 at Cap. City R/C Center which is on South Watt Ave.

I will have my mech. take & post the video.....he has done it in the past for my RC10GT......

LMFAO A buggy doing wheeles LOL Big olll BS factor here.. Hold on I need to get my Hip boots on because this poop is getting really deep now!

2 races out and and your trying to tell us your running with the big DOGS

And your going to travel around the contry to race BULLSHIT who do you think your talken to a thrid grade class?? come on don't be a compleat Idiot ...

I think it would be wise to learn how to spell complete prior to calling someone an idiot....just food for thought.......

Oh yes and at my local tracks quite a few sponsored drivers & pro drivers show up regularly (i.e. guys who have placed in the top 10 in the worlds in mod buggy off the top of my head)....so to say I have not been up against quality drivers would be remiss on your part to say the least........

keep it up guys, i still have half a tub of popcorn to go.

ZANDOR said:
LMFAO A buggy doing wheeles LOL Big olll BS factor here.. Hold on I need to get my Hip boots on because this poop is getting really deep now!

2 races out and and your trying to tell us your running with the big DOGS

And your going to travel around the contry to race BULLSHIT who do you think your talken to a thrid grade class?? come on don't be a compleat Idiot ...

Again you missed the fact that I have been racing in some form or another for around 19 yrs so I can more or less drive something reasonably well in a short period of time.....

Just because you cannot see something does not mean it is not true....if a tree falls in the forest and you cannot hear it fall does that mean the tree did not fall? OF COURSE NOT....you just did not hear or see the tree fall..........

Zandor, a bit of advice get a grip and realize a buggy doing a wheelie is not that big of a deal..........

Back