Get this!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so I go to the lhs today with 230$ in my pockett and accidently bought the wrong servo(80$ gone) so I'm pissed about that. Then i go to buy a new motor for my rc18 and just about poop. The mamba brushles set up that i want was cheap 109$ but the batteries got me beat. I was like 60 for the batteries isnt bad but the charger is where they get you i guess. They want 70$ for the charger then another 160$ for the power converter. I was like SCREW that. Now I'm thinking I'm just going to go with stock batteries with the brushless set up just to save some cash. Then i go to get my tekno stuff that I want for my revo for the longest time and realized if i get this then my mini wont get fixed. Damn!

Then Last night i go to tear down my 2.5 mill and couldnt get the clutch nut off and still can't. Then i take off the back plate and couldnt belive my eyes!:OMG:. My whole motor was PINK! :wtf:. WTF is that. I'm soo stumped on what the hell happend. Just the whole inside of the mill is pink. I mean it looks like someone anadised the inside, crank shaft, piston, sleve. Time to break out the os18 i guess.

Bryson

Its to bad that those batt cost so much.
At my lhs the batts cost 10-30 bucks.
Thats weird that your mill turned pink.
Wounder what caused that?????????

What fuel and after run oil do you use? That will cause the color in the mill.

Thats what i was thinking but i dont know. I went from trinity 20% monster horsepower to Byrons 20% and noticed better running with the Byrons. I dont use after run oil in this mill, its too much of a hasle because i drive it almost every day if i can. I think the most iv gone without driveing it is 5 days but I've taken my mill apart alot of time before when doing this and no rust or anything. Its just really weird. And you can get lipo premade packs for 30$ what kind is that.

Bryson

One thing i have to say here is dont go with the stock batteries on that brushless set up if you do you might run in to the issue of cogging really bad because the stock batteries dont have enough juice to supply the brushless set up with the power it needs, i would personally bite the bullit and spend the money you need to get this set up running properly, i know its quite the investment but when the smoke is cleared you 'll be glad you did, alot less headache involved, just my opinion tho do what you can do and have fun doing it.

As far as batteries for the Mamba, I'm running NiMH packs in mine and have no issues with cogging.

I think I'm just going to get the good reedy packs there only 40 apice and i can use my charger i have now. Maby one day ill get a good lipo set up but for now I'm going the cheap way out.

Bryson

the pink dicoloration is normal. The inside of my mills are orange because my fuel is orange.

The best way to get around the 'cogging' issue is to install some good low-resistance connectors. Deans' Micro-2R's are what I use, and they make a huge improvement over the stock connectors.

I have the Mamba 8000 in my 18T and run NiMH's with Deans and have had no issues (other than it being borderline uncontrollable!)

I think I'm just going to get the good reedy packs there only 40 apice and i can use my charger i have now. Maby one day ill get a good lipo set up but for now I'm going the cheap way out.

Bryson

I run the Reedy NiMh packs in my 18T with the Teken 6800 BL system and Deans Plugs. I am like MW... boarderline uncontrolable. You don't have to run Lipos to run a BL setup, but you will have to invest in some higher quality packs. Just the price you pay if you want to go BL. One thing I have learned in Electrics is that your batteries are worth the cost. IMO of course!

Tom

Yep fellas I'm going to the bank then to the hobby shop to pick one up in a few hours, then to the lake for the evening bite lol:bling: . But I can't wait. I havent got to drive my 18 in so long its going to be nice not to piss of the neighbors with the nitro burners. I am going to go dean conecters but I'm just confused on how to soder them up. I like the fact that i can us my normal charger when i get the Reedy batteries to because lipos would just be to kotic for me. lol.

Bryson

Soldering 'em is easy. Just use a decent quality soldering iron, some 60/40 tin solder, a dab of flux, and they go smooth.

The key is to pre-tin everything. For the connectors, a bit of a cheat is to tape the connector to your desk, to hold it still. Don't forget to put the shrink wrap on the wire first, and get it as far away from the heat as possible.

The first connector is always the hardest; but once you get at least one done, you'll have a real easy time with the others.

If fuel stains your engine why is mine the same color that it was from the first day I bought it??

Depends on the fuel; some fuel stains, some doesn't.