gearing that is going in my truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxiMumST.2002

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Pinion Size:=18 Gear Ratio:= 2.88
Spur Size: =52 inches Per Revolution:= 2.39
Tire Size: =2.2 FPS:=112
Loaded RPM:=34000 MPH: =76

this truk has a picco p15 side exhaust engine and the truck is a maximum st made by duratrax i have not received the engine yet but do u think it will tear up the stock transmission if so tell me what i will nedd to make the truck stronger.

I have no experience with the maximum st. If all the gears fit and mesh up properly the math will do the rest. As far as tearing up the transmission, thats what they make slippers for.

I just have a few questions.

If you are able to get those speeds from your truck, how are you going to control it?

What useful purpose will it have other than saying it can go fast?

Why?

-Ed

well ed i will be able to control it with a better servo rite ? and bigger tires like masher 2000 would help rite? and i want my truck to be able to beat a tmaxx with a 2.5 engine because the guy keeps talkin poop about me and my truck tellin me I'm poor and can't afford anything and 1nce i beat him then we will see who is poor if u have any other usful tips on how to control my truck better plzz help me

thanks -nick

what does this mean the back of the engine to the drive washer is 56.1 mm what the heck does that mean does it matter if it is longer or shorter ? and if it does matter will it still fit on my truck ?

thanks- nick

my stock engine is a lenght of 74mm from the length of the back of the engine to the drive washer the picco engine I'm getting which is the p-15 side exhast has a lenght of 56mm from the back of the engine to the drive washer i have no clue if it will fit but i hope it does oh yeah have u heard anything good about the picco p-15 side exhast engine ??

You've been making alot of seperate posts on similar subjects...

That gearing looks rather high, the engine will strugle off the bottom end, a 15 tooth sounds more realistic for a .15.

Is the Picco engine you're getting a non-pullstart? That could be why it's shorter, the original motor you have (Torq 12) has a pullstart, yes? What type of crankshaft did you get on it?

The Picco engines I have are both rear exhaust nonpull, not sure how good the side exhaust version is other than I know some of them can be hard to tune.

Back