Sold / Found FT RIM BlackBerry 7280 PDA Phone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RCDad

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
7280a.jpg
  • The BlackBerry 7280 Wireless Handheld is the first tri-band device in the BlackBerry series. This handheld device supports the 850, 1800 and 1900 MHz bands
  • The high-end BlackBerry 7280 sports a glorious high-resolution, full-color screen
  • High-resolution (240x160 pixel) full-color LCD display with more than 65,000 colors
  • You can e-mail, view your calendar, talk, and more with BlackBerry from AT&T Wireless
  • Enjoy the simplicity of carrying only one wireless device for all of your business and personal communication needs
    Unit Weight: 4.9 oz.
  • Size (in inches): 2.9 x 4.4 x 0.8
  • Comes with: original box, 2 USB cables, desk stand, travel charger with worldwide plugs, battery, and holster.

More Information

Does not include sim card.

7280b.jpg

What are you looking to trade for? Is the unit still locked to a network or is it unlocked?

Interesting,
Over 20 posts all in the for sale or trade forum "After" you decided you didn't want to be a part of this forum.

Just an observation.

I thought the locking was all part of the SIM card? I had service with AT&T/Cingular Wireless.

"Unlocking" allows you to not just use the simcard for one particular provider. For example, I have a samsung phone that uses a sim card and can only accept simcards from t-mobile. IF I were to get it "unlocked" I can use it with any sim card from any provider. Even overseas simcards when I travel abroad. BTW, unlocking is done with a program. Most cellular stores can do it , depending on the model and brand. Not all unlcking programs have been updated to accomodate the newest phones.

RCDad said:
AT&T/Cingular Wireless.
Need to be careful with this.
I have an AT&T/Cingular PDA phone however it will only accept AT&T sims not Cingular. They are not one and the same. They use different networks accessed by different sims and phones.

Here in CA the new sims issued will only work on the Cingular network. There are no AT&T sims being issued any more nor are there any AT&T phones available from them. If your phone isn't a Cingular phone the Cingular chip will not work.

From what I understand, some or most phones can be hacked to use different chips. If your not willing to, or know how to get this done, this phone is an Albatross. If your on AT&T now, when you renew your contract, it will then be Cingular rendering the phone useless.

Make sure you know exactly what you are getting if your interested in this unit.

I know about the "unlocking" of the phone. I've had it done to several phones by my cellular store that are now being used in the Philippines. Granted, it must be a tri-band at the very least so it can be used on their gsm frequency over there. All they use are phones with SIM cards over there. AT&t, Cingular, T-mobile ... doesn't matter. I can use those unlocked phones with any provider sim card.

Just remember Triband doesn't work everywhere. European use 900 and 1800 freq as opposed to the US 800/1900 CDMA 1x and GSM. Back in PI I beleive the Freq are still the same as us.

BTW I have this phone at work and it kicks ass.

Well I did not think it would be worth a ton of money, around $100 I guess. I'm mostly into electric stadium trucks now so who knows.

My latest creation;

normal_05-29-05%20011.jpg

normal_05-24-05%20004.jpg

Upgrades:
  • Fast Lane Machine Chassis
  • Fast Lane Machine Extended Front and Rear A-Arms
  • Fast Lane Machine Front Bulkhead
  • Fast Lane Machine Front and Rear Shock Towers
  • Novak Super Sport Brushless System
  • Pro-Line Blade Tires (front)
  • Pro-Line Hole Shot Tires (rear)
  • Futaba FM Radio System (transmitter and receiver)
  • RPM Wide Front Bumper
  • Losi Green Springs (front)
  • RCRaven Dual-Rate Springs (back)
  • RPM Bearing Carriers With Large Bearings (front and rear)
  • Adjustable Camber Turnbuckles (front and rear)
  • Hitec 645 MG Steering Servo
  • Aluminum Idler Gear
  • BadHorsie Blue Shock Socks
  • 21/87 Gearing

how much 1 of those bad boy cost?

do you know that you have the blades mounted the wrong direction?

Yeah, I screwed up an glued the tires on the wrong wheels but a lot of people say it helps prevent turnovers.

bigmo said:
how much 1 of those bad boy cost?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000260KH0/qid=1117824172/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i2_xgl180/103-4063958-8301448?v=glance&s=wireless&n=507846]Amazon[/ame] has the price at $250.00.

FastEddy said:
Interesting,
Over 20 posts all in the for sale or trade forum "After" you decided you didn't want to be a part of this forum.

Just an observation.

I too observed this same thing..... Looks like we are good enough though to be RC Dad's own garage sale forum......hmmmmm.... :shrug:

Funny...I don't remember anyone telling me not to post here anymore.

Then you have a good memory, you are absolutely right, no one ever told you you could not post here anymore. As I remeber it you left on your own, because you were called out on your spamming, and the fact you felt the need to make a thread about every little thing that happened in your life, "hey I just ate a peanut butter sandwhich, anyone else like them" thread after useless thread. Then you chose to leave in a huff when someone said something about it. You packed your sig and avatar and moved on out. Now the only time you post here is to use RCNT as your own personal garage sale forum. This is how I Remeber it.

I remember it a bit different.
I remember a lot more spam posts then NC mentioned.
Not that you ever officially broke any rules but there are some members that just aren't missed and in my book your one of about 3 that stick to the roof of my mouth like peanut butter on white bread.

Got milk?

damnit - i was just gonna post about this great bathroom break i took

FastEddy said:
I remember it a bit different.
I remember a lot more spam posts then NC mentioned.
Not that you ever officially broke any rules but there are some members that just aren't missed and in my book your one of about 3 that stick to the roof of my mouth like peanut butter on white bread.

Got milk?

who are the other 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back