Fpv Camera Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it plugs into your receiver and video can pop up on your radio or fpv monitor. Or vr setup if you use vr.
Not too familiar with fpv and head tracking so I don't know much how it works.

Looks like it plugs into your receiver and video can pop up on your radio or fpv monitor. Or vr setup if you use vr.
Not too familiar with fpv and head tracking so I don't know much how it works.
I don't use VR. However, drone FPV apps might work...

no real info on zon.@ that price Id look more seen one that will work on phone for 1*$

That camera does not send out any signal. You need a VTX (video transmitter) to do that. Then you need a receiver, or a set of goggles. They do make receivers for connecting to your phone.

That camera does not send out any signal. You need a VTX (video transmitter) to do that. Then you need a receiver, or a set of goggles. They do make receivers for connecting to your phone.
Could ya send me links?

There is this one...
FPV Receiver 5.8G 150CH OTG Receiver UVC Video VTX 5dBi SMA Female Plastic for Android Smart Phone PC Monitor Black https://a.co/d/fJDcYGb

I know nothing about it. It's just the first one I looked at. Most of the bad reviews are pertaining to the app that you download from the Play Store. But read the reviews. They give other app recommendations.

For example...

"The product works great, I use it as a secondary backup for my fpv flights and so my girlfriend can watch without getting motion sick. One big caveat: DONT US THE OFFICIAL APP. use any third party "USB C video capture" app from the play store for Android. The official app is broken and does not work, but it is plug and play with any other app. I use "USB camera" and haven't had any issues."

"No documentation but it works. Use OTG View2 Android App for Android, and use Windows Camera App on a windows computer. If you have an apple phone or computer, grow up."

For the VTX, there are lots of them out there. I am not up on the latest and greatest, so do some research. 'Joshua Bardwell' on YT has tons and tons of videos about drone hardware. 'FPV Futures' does a lot of reviews of stuff, but mostly drones, and not so much components. But you'll learn something from him, and he has content that is fun to watch. He also has a Discord server which you can join and get questions answered pretty quickly.

The camera you have linked here is also likely a piece of crap. Again, do some research.

this project will require you to solder some leads to the VTX board, and you'll have to supply voltage to it from a BEC. Again, do some research on the particular VTX you choose.

Man, and I just thought it was plug and play...
Looks like I won't be trying this camera thing unless I somehow get a sponsor. Jk

Back