found nitromethane

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
found nitromethane

torconitro.com one gal $48.00 plus haz mat tax

i bought 2 gal for $109.00 have fun

Just becareful with your mix so you don't burn your engine out. Remember oil is important!......gotta have LUBE. ;)

got nitro

i got my nitro today , tue 8.18 mixed a batch of 35%. can't run it till tomorrow.

the 35% ran fine. but iam not sure it made much more power. i think the supercharger makes it harder to tune. does the traxxas 3.3 have to have 12% oil, would 10% work?

First thing i would do is scrap the blower....they are bad for business. Pure hype. I would stay with 12% oil unless you are willing to sacifice engine life for power. I am not sure that 35% nitro is not a little on the high side. But that is just me.

well i have this bad habit of thinking outside the box. sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't. so i asked about running 10% oil, and iam told to not do it. well mr joe lunch box did not show me the documents that shows 10% wont work. so i wander if 12% is pushed by the oil makers, just to make more money. what think?

I'm a big fan of trial and error....as long as it's not my motors you're trying it on ;-) hehe If you want to go less than 12%....step it down in 1% increments and see what happens. My guess is 10% will probably be enough, but it will almost certainly sacrifice a little engine life in return. How much engine life will be the question really. If you're talking the difference between 10 gallons and 9.5 gallons....then no big deal...but if it's between 10 gallons and 5 gallons....that wouldn't be worth it IMHO.

well i have this bad habit of thinking outside the box. sometimes it pays off sometimes it doesn't. so i asked about running 10% oil, and iam told to not do it. well mr joe lunch box did not show me the documents that shows 10% wont work. so i wander if 12% is pushed by the oil makers, just to make more money. what think?
I never said outside the box was bad OR that 10% would not work. There are several racing fuels that are 10%. However it is well know that less oil makes more power but has the tendency to burn up a mill a bit quicker. If you are a racer who expects to burn the mill to win races...hell yeah go with 10%. But for the average back yard guy....but it is your engine. Do what ya like. However you might check with the instructions on the engine and see how much oil they want you to run and stay fairly close to that with in reason.

to: frickenjoey sorry i realy didnt intend to put you down. i was in a odd mood. i think i should think a little harder before i go out side the box. after all there is a lot of people that have tryed things that i havent. just cause i have done a lot of reading on a subject doesn't mean i know more than other people.

I would tend to agree with Joey about the engine manufacturer's oil content. From personal experience, I would recommend staying within about 20% of what they recommend.

I've seen race blend fuels with oil content down to 8%. But like said above, if you wanna win at all cost........

BTW moe, isn't there anyone still running nitro out at the dragstrip there where you could pick up some nitro without the hazmat fees?

Scott Palmer is running his Top Fuel dragster here on Labor Day weekend along with the Outlaw Fuel Altereds Association. HERE'S the race flier.

Moe, you're not too far from Manhattan, the home of VP Race fuels. It's about 2 1/2 hours north of you.

well i allways like hearing what you good duds have to say. i had NO idea i was that close to VP. my son lives in lawrence ks, thanks for the info. ever since i was 12 years old i read as much info about fuels as i could find. one thing i found out was that nitro doesn't work well if the chamber is small. ie a small block chevy doesn't use more than 40% nitro cause it simply doesn't have enough room to pack enough nitro to make lots of power. now look at a chrysler hemi it has LOTS more room for nitro. after all how many small block chevys have won top fuel class. how many chevys no mater big or small block are running aganst the 1968 hemi cudas? oh sorry i just like chryslers

I used to live and work in Manhattan, so I got to know a lot of people there. I got to Meet Norwin Palmer who was running VP fuels at that time. That's the only reason I knew that it was there.

well i have two gal i got from torco. i have no idea how long it take me to burn it. i remember going to vps site , but can't remember why i didnt buy my nitro from them. dif subject traxxas a has a pair of heavy duty electric connectors. 3070 male 2 ea $3.75, 3080 female 2 ea $4.75. i ask traxxas what the amp rating is. they said it will handel 100 amps for short burstes, but they would not give a continuous rating. i have a project thet needs 35 amp continuous min. i think ill buy a set and set up a test stand. there are so many cool guys on this site. hey hamz where is lytle?

Lytle is just south of San Antonio TX. If you're looking for high current connectors, you might wan to look at Dean's connectors. I think their Ultra connectors should work.