flux battarys

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richierich

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i just bought a hpi flux the guy at rc planet hobbys sold me 2 duratrax 3800 mah 7.2v battarys with the dean plug.will this work on the flux.hpi says to use lippo batt but I'm trying to keep the cost down

i'd find another hobby shop. good luck with those.

*edit*

from castle creations...
10. I’d like to make sure I’m getting everything I can out of my Monster Max system. What are the best batteries to use?

With our combo, most people will find that NiMH cells are useless as they can’t handle the continuous or burst currents the Monster Max will draw for very long. If you use a lower kv motor, and gear lightly though, you can use NiMH cells. The best NiMH cells on the market for 1/10th scale vehicles are currently IB3800s, IB4200s, GP3700s, GP4300s, Elite 4000s, and Elite 4500s. The best lipo packs on the market right now that we’ve tested thoroughly are the Tanic 5000, NeuEnergy 5000, FlightPower Evo 25 5000, FlightPower Evo 30 4500, and MaxAmps 6000 and 8000 packs. This is not to say these are the only packs that will work, these are the only packs we’ve tested that we KNOW work. Feel free to give us a call if you’d like to know if your particular pack is going to handle the discharge currents these systems are capable of.

Last edited:
Keeping the cost down and having a high performance quality rc are two things that dont go together very easily. I would definatly say to get a lipo setup going.

at this point you have the nimh's so you might as well use them for what you can. you will not see the true performance of the truck until you go lipo, but u can use the nimh. i would defi try to up a set of lipos if/when you wallet allows it. next time try supporting your local shop or a proven online shop that will actually guide you to the correct product rather than just 'sell' you product.

i bought the flux from rc planent online he told me to use those battarys.can i use a 23 cell 5200 mah lippo part number sum5224ld gonna have to start selling my savage x parts to afford the lippo battarys and charger but i guess its worth it

maybe start with flightmax batteries and an accucel charger... you should be able to put a 5000mAh 4s 30C battery package together for less than $125.00. not bad for a starter set. check hobbycity to see what you come up with.

ok i just got a set of smc 5000mah lippos for my flux how ofen should i discharge the battarys the owners manual says to discharge them then charge but they dont say y

You need to do a lot of reading on lipos before you burn the house down. Make sure your esc is set to the right low voltage cutoff and read up. Over or under charging, not balancing and over gearing can cause them to go pop and burn.

wold any of u guys recommend one of these cheap lipos i found on eBay http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/GoMa...1Q51Q5fsidQ5A647010092QQ_sidZ647010092?_rdc=1

for the savage flux
If you had a car would you put water in the gas tank to get it to run? Look if you want to go cheep get a really decent set of NIMH batteries that are recommended for the truck. I am a flux owner myself and let me tell you, the truck is a very sizable truck and will probably need a lipo setup at some point for you to see the true performance out of the truck. I can honestly tell you right now from where I am sitting I would so not be happy with a nimh setup at all. Also the link you provided was to an australian website and none of the batteries that I saw had deans connectors on them, unless you know how to solder and I mean solder WELL I would make sure to get something with the deans connector already on it. your ebay auction is to some sort of european type deal which is not quoting price in U.S. Dollars but in Great Britian Pounds, make sure you know what the exchange rate is. Try to find a good quality battery that has a good WARRANTY behind it.

Last edited:
but if u look at the comets there seems to be some good feedback on the lipos people have bought

if i was gonig to get a lipo wat is a decent lipo i could get to get the best out of my flux
and may i ask wat u r using at the moment on yours

Last edited:
I am running dual lipos Tenergy battery's 25C 11.1V 5000mah. I'm not saying to not run the nimh batterys they will work for now. At some point you will want to upgrade to lipos trust me it's worth it.

can u tell me where u got the battaries from

Got them from my lhs. I believe a site all battery is a good one to grab some lipos from. Again a user posted something from castle creations, they are the manufacturer of the electronic speed controller in the truck and they gave recommendations as well. It's just when you are spending the kind of money you are on batteries you will most likely want a warranty if you receive a defective one.

i was wondering wat 25C meant and with a 5000mah how much runtime did u get and would u say not to get anything under 25C

The c rating of a battery is how fast they can put the power out. Or how many amps can be drawn from it. Don't skimp on the c rating when you buy batteries for that big of a truck. Castle says at least 4000mah, 20c. I would go 5000mah, 25c at least to to stay on the safe side and give a little more gearing options. The bigger batteries will stay cooler geared higher. To a certain extent.

thanks

thankx for all your help ans if i need any help in the future if i need any advise,help or reference i will send u a massage:):first_place::hehe:

Back