First post here....be gentle!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcwyant

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here is a battery queston for all of you:

I have a micro RS4.....now....what battery setup would be best for speed:

1. (4) "AA" NiMH 1800mah batts (total of 4.8v)

or

2. (1) 6-Cell Nimh 750mah pack (total of 7.2v)

If one is better for speed, then how much run time would i be scraficing???

Thanks

Ok Simply stated more volts is more power. More milliamp rating is longer run time. So the 6 cell will be much faster run half as long as the 4 cell...

Click my sig for articles on Batteries. X

ALMOST FORGOT WELCOME...

Thanks for the info...nice website too!

Let me ask one more quesiton please:

I have these "aa" batts...and a rayovac charger. I also have a GWS charger that i use for my hornet heli (6cell 7.2v packs mentioed). Can i charge the "AA" nimh on the GWS charger?

See the link below for GWS charger info:

GWS Charger configs

What Amp % should i set it on for the "AA"?

Thanks

Thanks.. You probably can charge them on it. It says they can peak charge NiMh cells but minimum is 4 cells so you will need to build a tray to hold four cells in or rig somingthing up so for cells are hooked to gether to act like a 4.8 volt pack. Otherwise you can't use it... Here is what I run in my mini-z and the charger i run... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3003142160&category=15202 I have lots of aaa and aa nexcell batts that I use for TX and for diffrent things aroun my house. This guy is good to deal with. I bought 40 AA cells from him to begin with then..... I sent him an email and told him what I wanted as far as AAA and a new charger and he hooked me up.. He is a good guy if you want anything from him I will find his email...X

Oh again I forget this is a quick charger it does 1800 in an hour 2 aa or 2 aaa you charge two cells at a time in two seperate banks...X

Nice.....

My brother in law bought the rayovac 1 hour charger that works wonders with te 1800mah AA batts.

If you are familar with the Micro RS4, it comes with a pack that take 4 "AA" batts and makes it one pack! Check the image out:

p6b.jpg

But i dont know how much to set the amps to for the charge....