Finally made the leap....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ImBroken

Still Lurking...
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Finally got my hands on a 5B SS kit from DDM a few months ago.. Been slowly building it over the past month, and hopping it up as I go... Still has not seen fuel... Very soon though..

So far I've installed:

TeamFastEddy Pro bearing kit
Threshold Front Bulkhead
DS Axle Extenders
DS Steel Bumper (not installed yet)
DS Billet Gas Cap
DS Billet Enclosed Nuts
TR Reinforced Axle set
TR Billet Diff Case Saver
TR Front/Rear HD Shock mounts
Modified RC Clutch cover
Modified RC Gear cover
Modified RC Front light pod mount
TGN Billet Spark plug cover
TGN Dual Stage Filter
Fatboy-RC Wing pins
Fatboy-RC Gear Cover pins
Fatboy-RC Front Body Mount
Outerwears Pull start cover
Outerwears Filter cover
Shockwears
DDM Sidemount Dominator
Rhino Racing Billet Choke lever
Ramtech CB Carrier
Ramtech HD Front/Rear Springs
RR Steel gears 18/55
Sullivan "Crap Trap" Filter
Team Baja R/C Window kit
Promatch 4500MAH Receiver Pack

baja1.jpg

DSC03947.jpg

DSC03949.jpg

DSC03953.jpg

Still looking to get my hands on:

ModifiedRC Front shock Tower
Ramtech Rear Lower Arms
DS Roof Scoop

As soon as the weather gets a lil warmer, I'll be out with the video camera for sure... :)

Last edited:
And I thought it couldn't get worse.... I can hear my wallet sobbing some nights...
Poor lil guy.. :)

I know the feeling. I haven't even started the Savage yet, and I'm craving the Rock crawler so I can run something out back anytime.
I'd like to see some pics with the lid off.

that thing's amazing. i like the bazooka on the side!

Go big or go home.

Nice job.

I'd like to see some pics with the lid off.

There's no lid on it... lol That's my next step... Gotta blow the dust off the ole brush, and paint me a lid...

Thanks for the extra pics. It's the roof and windshield that threw me. It's so beautiful without a lid, I can't wait to see it with one.

oooh.... I can't wait for that one. Got anything special in mind?

It's gonna be some combination of Hard Anno Orange, Chrome, Black and Hard anno smoke.... Not sure yet on a scheme.. There really isn't a whole lot of room on these 5B lids to do anything crazy... You can bet money they'll be skulls on it though... lol

It's gonna be some combination of Hard Anno Orange, Chrome, Black and Hard anno smoke.... Not sure yet on a scheme.. There really isn't a whole lot of room on these 5B lids to do anything crazy... You can bet money they'll be skulls on it though... lol

Those colors sound awesome together. I especially love that hard anno orange.. badass color right there!

Nice rig man. I just love that orange.

I wish that things would have worked out, I was saposed to get one for my birthday, but then my parents have decided against it for some dumb ass reason, I think its beacuse I opend my my fat mouth about a lap top. I'm bummed lol. Now I'm back to sitting staring at all your pretty bajas. lol.

Bryson

I love the orange and the smoke black will look great! Hey what engine did you end up getting in that thing and are you going to do anything to the engine itself like chrome case plates?

Oh and what pipe and manifold is that on there? The hellfire...missle...? And wheres the exhaust come out of it? Can you post a pic. of that for me please? Thanks.

Oh and a close up of the intake system on it too. And do you think its possable to get a super charger on that thing? Thanks again.
(The reason I'm asking is because i got one!!! YEAY!!!)

Last edited:
lol nice doors and the air intake looks nice. Thanks for the tip pic and i think ill be retipping my pipe up to 5/8 diameter and i think ill do a cone type cold air intake on mine...

man..i said it before, and i'll say it again..that thing's amazing

OMG i know! Its giving me so many ideas that i want to do to mine but i dont want to drop 10k on it lol.

Back