failsafe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi , i found a failsafe at my lhs and its the only one they got , its an ofna failsafe for 34 $ is this a good one ?

That's a decent one. Alot of people here have 'em and swear by 'em.

cool good to know , i need to put one in before a dangerous accident happens

I initially ran my hyper 7 without a failsafe, then one day it got out of range of the transmitter (AM that came with the RTR kit) it went wild and ended up in some bushes upside down and died from fuel starvation luckily with no damage done.
I immediately upgraded to a Airtronics mx-3 transmitter and a failsafe!
The failsafe is worth a lot more than they sell for!

Jeep

i got a duratraxx fail safe from my local hobby shop after my truck got out of range and slammed *whimper* into a concrete wall at top speed. it has more than paid for itself

i have a fasttrax failsafe. After going through 2 of those crap mtronics failsafes. I had one fitted but didn't read the manual, i thought it was like a plug and play thing. It ran down my garden (luckily) only hit the bin, but it scared me (i have no idea why).

Also just a quick question, when the transmitter goes out of range of the radio it normally opens the throttle to full. So why can't they be made so when they go out of range they brake?

Failsafes are adjustable. You set it to go to brake (which I don't recommend) or neutral. I've seen more people using fail safe's set them to full brake and burn up throttle servo's.

I've been running my Cars and Trucks for almost a year now with out one "KNOCK ON WOOD" I havent had a runaway yet but I'm very pertective of my cars and never go too far out of range. I should probally think about geting a couple soon just to cover my butt lol. I'm going with the ofna micro when I do though.

Bryson