expensive better?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schumacher-man

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone iv bought myself an 1/8 buggy its a cheap make "himoto" iv had it nearly a year now and never had any problems with it . its got a .21 engine and goes like poop 70mph i think. it cost me £150 brand new off ebay.
if i had spend say £300-400 on a named brand buggy what would the difference be? I'm very interested many thanks:juggle:

I highly doubt you are hitting the 70Mph mark. 50 maybe with a high end mill like an OS speed V-Spec 21.

As far as difference..I have never seen the quality of a Himoto rig. Best bang for your buck is going to be the Jammin ride. The most expensive I have seen is the Losi then Mugen/kyosho, and then Jammin.

The new rigs RC8 and Sidorf are still too new.

well i had had a venom speedo on it at 1 point and it was clocked at 62mph i think . is more expensive better thou?

what engine is in that buggy?

Vspec "high end"??? LOL.

Expensive is not necessarily better. I've got an X-Ray XB-8 and the less expensive buggies can still give it a good run.

If your happy with what you got,why change? 70/62mph OK? It all depends on what its used for,if you are racing,then yes more $$$ is better, If you just bash and play around,whatever you like and can get parts for is your best bet.Not how much it cost.

it depends on which himoto buggy it is. one is completely junk. its the one with kingpin suspension

There is a different version of the OS 21 VZB V-SPEC. The OS SPEED VERSION has a different crank on it and costs in the range of 600 dollars.

try if u can to spend a little more ,,servo's on my car cost me 60 uk pound each engine 329.99 all in it makes a big differance when racing

do the servos really make that much difference thou? £60 sounds alot

Servos can make a great deal of difference. Weak and slow servos mean poor response when you need it.

As for your original question, the expensive rides usually mean an upfront cost with fewer chances for breakage down the road...so the repair cost is relatively limited. A cheaper buggy might break often requiring numerous repairs that can add up.

Often times, expensive buggies also usually have a well recognized brand name and large part support base. Cheaper buggies might not, making it harder to come by spare parts when you need them.

Back