EVERYONE! Need Hi and Low res images

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjcalnan

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
EVERYONE! Need Hi and Low res FULL COLOR images

All:

If you've got a full color design you'd like to someday see a sticker/decal of for your RC care, PLEASE send it to me before Wednesday to [email protected] with the size requirements.

In the last week or so I've joined the board, and created some popular posts, especially the winter drive one (pats own back)

Now I ask a favor of all of you:

My new full color decal machine is arriving on Wednesday and I have a training session lined up. So - I thought since RC decals is something I want to get into with this machine, assuming the quality is good enough for such a technically small decal, what better way than to ask folks on the RCNitro boards to send me samples of what they'd want on their trucks.

The first five to give me samples will get their samples back free of charge, as it will be for training/readiness purposes only, and not official production (although quality will probably be the same as production)

While I'm sure some of you feel this is a shameless plug, it's really not, since I don't do RC decals yet. I have also already been in contact with Mike and Christian about advertising on here, and they both know that I first need to test the quality of this machine before any rock solid decisions are made.

Anyway, thanks so much, and send me those pictures!!!!

laterz...
rich

Last edited:
thanks for the images guys - only two more nights until the machine arrives!!!!!

Rich, I assume that a white color on the decal would show up white on a black body for example and not transparent? If so, how do you want the images? obviously a picture with a white background is going to come out a square.

I could send photoshop files? or transparent gifs.... but then I think you're limited to 256 colors.

how big? 8.5 x 11 edge to edge?

ok i sent one. I am not sure if it iis what you are looking for.
Doug

Re: EVERYONE! Need Hi and Low res FULL COLOR images

Originally posted by rjcalnan
My new full color decal machine is arriving on Wednesday and I have a training session lined up.

how did it work out yesterday?

well...it's an interesting story.

I'm going to be on the phone most of the time after I get home from work tonight - the machine got in yesterday and set up, but the driver was quirky in WinXP Pro so all in all it didn't print a darn thing! LOL

If anyone knows about the color market, you know that printing REAL color graphics is no joke on an actual production printing machine (quality of color, the type of material to be printed on, etc...) so the driver is just so BLOATED with information, all of which is important, so getting these machines to a point of working flawlessly and spitting out the right colors on the right material is a wonderful thing.

That said, thing better be working tonight or I'm shippin' it back! LOL

laterz...
rich

Pre-Press is a bitch! Just remember you can only get so close before you drive yourself crazy.
Good Luck.

I bet you need new firmware and or drivers and or OS updates. Those three things solve just about any printer-related issues I have here at work.

Do you have any pictures of you new toy yet?

-Rob

No pics yet - but as soon as the darn thing works I'll post some pics of my environment ;-)

Yes - pre-press is a mess, but seems TOTALLY worth it when done! I've had a lot of people already e-mail me for the full color stuff.

RobH: it's not as easy as firmware or drivers on this beast - just wait until you see pics of it

I'll keep ya all updated as it goes along ;-)

laterz...
rich

And we've GOT PICS!!!

Got the machine working last night and they turnec oud awesome! Those that sent me pics, will be getting digital images in your e-mail, and then contacted for shipping address. I didn't cut these, as they were just pre-production tests for quality - but I'll give out some crap too ;-)

I don't want to post the pics now because I just sent an e-mail to Mike about the advertising and setting up the shop - but trust me, I can make SMALL SMALL decals at VERY high quality for a VERY LOW price!!!

Just wait and see ;-)

Thats AWESOME man! can't wait to see how things turn out. Once you get things up and running in full production mode I'll dop you a note for some special order stuff.

yup - won't be long now - I have some more playing around to do on the machine, some decals of my own to make to pass out

As far as RCNitroTalk goes I'm just waiting for Mike and I to figure out everything

laterz...
rich

Back