ESC / Motor compatability

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JezHall

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
I'm possibly attempting the impossible here but.......

I have a few ESC's and motors but am struggling to find combinations that work well together.
This latest combination works brilliantly for 20 seconds then stops but restarts at a slow constant speed. Is OK after a couple of minutes turned off.

It is an ARMA 3A/6A AR390069 ESC with a 3650-3100KV motor using 2S Lipo.

Is this an overheating problem? Nothing gets too hot to touch.

Thanks in advance

c1-jpg.173034
c2.jpg
c4.jpg

c1.jpg

Damn wish I knew more about ARMA more.

I'm possibly attempting the impossible here but.......

I have a few ESC's and motors but am struggling to find combinations that work well together.
This latest combination works brilliantly for 20 seconds then stops but restarts at a slow constant speed. Is OK after a couple of minutes turned off.

It is an ARMA 3A/6A AR390069 ESC with a 3650-3100KV motor using 2S Lipo.

Is this an overheating problem? Nothing gets too hot to touch.

Thanks in advance

c1-jpg.173034
View attachment 173035View attachment 173036

View attachment 173034

The symptoms you're describing are consistent with overheating. Since you say it happens in only 20-30 seconds, it's possible the ESC is overheating and the shutting down before a noticeable amount of heat has made it to the case where you can feel it, even though internally it hit a thermal cutoff.

What gearing are you running? The motor and ESC you describe should be pretty effective together, my only guess would be that it's under-geared and the strain is overloading it.

The combo should work ok unless your geared really tall. Does the esc flash a light or anything when it cuts off? If so, what's the sequence?

Back