Enought drift angle?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I'm working on this rwd conversion I did and I'm working on making some custom steerking links to have better control, is this a good amount of steering angle you guys would say?
IMG_20231107_145346.jpg

It seems like a pretty good amount to me. I've seen some kits that the freaking front tires go almost all the way sideways lol, but I'm guessing thats extreme and what you got there is probably good enough.

I am not confident you will get that same amount of throw with the links installed as is, gonna need to move the ball studs closer to the axles on the spindle and/or create longer ackermann bars

It seems like a pretty good amount to me. I've seen some kits that the freaking front tires go almost all the way sideways lol, but I'm guessing thats extreme and what you got there is probably good enough.
Yea those extreme ones didnt seem realistic to me
I am not confident you will get that same amount of throw with the links installed as is, gonna need to move the ball studs closer to the axles on the spindle and/or create longer ackermann bars
I'm trying to make something up like this, or atleast close to it
1699389707397.png

Looks like good angle, I think my rock crawlers angle is about the same.. đź‘Ť